My tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jessie J.

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Here's a list of all my tanks! Tomorrow I will post pictures of them all.

10-gallon with a royal blue veiltail betta, Moscow, shrimp, snails, plants, and golden freshwater clams. The betta sometimes shares quarters with Persia, my light yellow veiltail with navy blue spots.

10-gallon with fancy guppies, zebra danios, plants, snails, and a betta

5-gallon with four female bettas (Daisy, SeirraSequoia, Empress, and Queen Shasta), and plants

4-gallon bowl with a sponge filter and rare fancy guppy fry

1-gallon kritter-keeper with nothing yet- for a male betta fry, temporarily.

5-gallon with mosquitofish and snails

3-gallon with four-inch tadpoles, baby newts, and amphipods

55-gallon crabitat with purple pincher hermit crabs

50-gallon pond with azolla and frogs

1-gallon sowbug terrarium with plants

A five gallon with FOUR female betta is severly overstocked. Females can be kept together if they have a large enough environment, but can be just as territorial as males. Without the proper space to establish their own spots they will eventually get stressed, fight, or die. Not to mention the upkeep for such an overstocked tank is ridiculous. A five gallon is really only suitable for one betta fish, and maybe a snail.

Before you use the "everything seems fine" right now argument, these things can change at the drop of a hat. The well being of your fish should be the primary concern.

If you live in the USA, they have decently priced five gallon kits at walmart for 27$ and ten gallon kits for 32$. At least at my local walmart. They also sell steel tank stands that I used for my first tank, but those stands are only suitable for a 29 gallon high or a 20 gallon long, a ten gallon kind of sits awkwardly and unproperly supported in the middle. You can also try craigslist, often people are willing to give away used tank kits for next to nothing. Just make sure if you go that route you meet somewhere very public, in the open, during the day, and not alone. Safety first!

I got some more fish today! Plus some more aquarium plants. I got two more male bettas (one show-quality turquoise/red doubletail and one orange/black-tipped doubletail) for my 10-gallon sorority, (took out the guppies) a blue moon crowntail (I think) female, and two different types of sword plants. Some people on here will probably say I should have gotten a bigger tank for the females, before I got new fish, but they couldn't go in the male's tank or the community tank anyway, and I won't have enough to get them a new tank till August. I am going to get them a 15-30 gallon tank in a few months which I'm sure they'll love.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back