My Tanks Are Done!... Or Are They?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
well I just put what I think are the finishing touches on my tank tonight. Finalized my tank has:

5 Gallon:

3 Green Cory
1 Red Platy (male)
2 AFD

With that the stocking on my tank seems complete to me, of course I wanted to ask if anyone had anymore ideas for my tank? I plan to add some drift wood in the next week or 2 for my Cory since my LFS was out when I bought them today. Below I have a pic of it before I added my Cory and now its much more lively. At the same time though my Platy seems kinda lonely. Is there a small buddy for him I could buy or am I maxed out now? I saw some Dwarf Platy when I was at the pet store that where under an inch but where unsure if they could fit with everything else.

100_0270.jpg



And lastly for my Gf's tank. Her first fish was a Molly that is around 3in right now. It currently has its own tank due to being aggressive to other fish that have been moved to my tank now for that reason. Seeing as she is that big a fish and aggressive is it best to leave her the way she is? She was used to cycle the tank (due to both of are inexperience) but she made it through it and doesn't seem to be doing to bad as is. Suggestions?
 
WHOO MWOOD!

Did my advice yesterday help? :3


Anyways, grats dude. :) I'd love to see some pics of your tank. :D (Mind posting some? )
 
yea your and every one else's cory advice won m over when I was at the pet store today and im glad I took it, my tank is much more lively now. Only difference I wish was that my Platy was a little more active like the rest of my fish/frogs. Any mates for him that can still fit or am I maxed?

Also I plan to post a pic of both tanks at some point tonight.
 
Yes, okay. But pot up some pics. and I probably can determine if you can add a mate for your Platy. (Hey, every fish should have a special someone in their life. ;) unless your a bala shark stuck in a 29G tank .__.)
 
Ah! Awesome! What tank is the last pic? It looks small :3

BTW, Im sure you could probably fit a girl/boy platy in with your cories and frogs and your other platy.

Just find out the sex of your current one. Or you could just leave your tank right there. :)

Also, check out my other thread i posted bout naming my fish. :) It has some neat pics of my fish in there. :) Best luck to you mwood!
 
I'll have my gf look at your post, she loves to pick out names and the last pic was on my gf's tank with the single Molly Inside. As for the Platy advice I shall take it an buy one last Platy to complete my tank.
 
Thanks bud! :) Remember, if you want to breed them, find their sex first.

They're easy to breed, livebearers, so they'll breed like once a month or two. :) I have a mating swordtail couple; they cant mate anymore due to a disease but they're still close! :)

Oh, and also if you DO get another platy, check your tank out and make an educated guess on if you could fit another platy into it. From my angle, your tank looks good for another, but hey, its just a pic. In real life, its a bigger diff. I got a 5G tank like yours, just that it doesnt look tat big. :)

xDD kk, post pics too, tell me how their behavior is :) (Hopes for non agressive)
 
well first I best wait a few days and see how my tank levels are, hate to loose fish because i put to many in to fast, but depending on if my tanks ready I plan to look into a similar platy sometime soon.
 
Oh yeah, I forgot what happend between your Molly and Platy? I forgot it from your last thread. :3

EDIT : XD LOL! I know! Its like, you get a tank and you see your fish go so great together and your dying for new fish. .__.

Answer my other question too. Also, Did you just start the hobby? :3
 
I started the Hobby a month or so ago. Started by getting a 5 Gallon for my gf as anaversary gift but her parents didnt want her keeping it so we decided to keep her tank at my house. We made the mistake of buying everything on the same day and ended up having to do a fishless cycle. She survived and is doing fine now, tank cycled about 2 weeks ago so I have no worried about her tank, she is just to aggressive for tank mates. I found this out after a few days after the cycle ended she ended up getting slightly agressive with the 2 AFD I added (which was the same day I got my new tank). She got along with them for awhile but after a week or 2 I added the platy and she just kinda became a bully to everyone. It may be she didst have enough space anymore but thats just a guess.

Moveing on to my tank, being nearly cycled from the add daily method I decided to end early and water change untill ammonia and Nitrite read 0. After which I moved over 1 AFD and the Platy. After so the Platy seemed pretty happy, much better then with the molly. So after a day or 2 i moved the last AFD over to my tank. Everyone seemed happy. Then today a few days after that I have added the 3 Cory.

With everything said and done so far I have had no issues with ammonia or Nitrite. But since my tank is reaching over stocked almost I just want to wait a few days before making my last choice.

But still wondering if anything would be able to go with the Molly since she seems kinda bored. Active but still bored and not much to do.
 
:D Another Molly? Ask your gf if she likes shrimps. Thats one way. :) Shrimps are pretty cool. :)) Remember dont overcrowd the tank with the molly. It'll prolly get agressive. :) Are there any other Corys at your lfs? Check em out and ask your gf. :) I dont know about otos, but check them out, look up their profile on google. :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top