My Sorority Begins.....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

they all have ovipositor ( you spelling is correct...d0on't worry! xx) in fact they are very prominent. but i have heard of a few males to look like females in this way and turn out to be males a few weeks later. Violet and Jade were part of a thailand shipment from the supplier, so he cant guarentee age with them

what size in length are they?

I wouldn't worry too much, they look like females to me, body wise but if the girls start getting mating bars or 1 starts bubble nesting, then you defo have a hidden male :lol:

ok thanks, Jade seems to be developing reddish lines down her. I thought it could be stress lines, but i thought they were dark, like black in appearance?
as for length including tail 6 of them are 4cm, crystal is 3 1/2 cm, and sparkle is 2 1/2 cm shes tiny

ok thanks, Jade seems to be developing reddish lines down her. I thought it could be stress lines, but i thought they were dark, like black in appearance?
as for length including tail 6 of them are 4cm, crystal is 3 1/2 cm, and sparkle is 2 1/2 cm shes tiny

One thing to watch out for one...one of my girls gets what look like breeding stripes down her but because she is soooo dark they are actually stress lines; but they look more like breeding stripes (if you look really close and study it you can see they are horizontal lines).

I wouldn't have thought a pale girl would have the pigmentation or whatever it is to get stripes; please someone correct me if I'm wrong (this is only what I thought so don't necessarily take it as true until it's confirmed or denied).

Can you get a picture of Jades lines?

I checked her again last night and this morning, and they seem to have gone. the lines were the same reddish coloir as her tail colour. I shall keep an eye on the situation . thank you x

Most reactions

Back