My Shrimp Tank

willowstwin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys

My shrimp finally have a new scape!! Now I'm not so terrified about them dying (a nasty purchase from PatH poisoned my tank and wiped out the majority of my shrimp) I decided to go buy stuff for the tank.

In there now is brown/black sand, a piece of mopani root (not presoaked as I'm going to leave the tannins to leach into the water), my marimo moss balls and some java moss tied onto the wood and onto pieces of slate on the bottom.

Here's a pic (excuse the strands of cotton, this was only tied on an hour ago)

WP_0000222.jpg

So, I'm thinking about adding a pathway using brown/lighter gravel, although I'm not sure where yet. I am also thinking about putting some of the balls in with the ryukin, and adding a couple of different plants. I'd like some round pelia in there to create little "bushes".

Any suggestions?

The main plant I have found that my shrimp love :wub: to clean is fissiden, they are always clambering over it picking off stuff. The shrimplets also like hiding in the jungle of java fern roots while the adults graze on the leaves.
Your tank is looking nice too by the way.:good:

Looking good, shrimp do love the moss balls, is this the tank you were asking about moss for? Should throw up a journal in planted for it. :D

Mine used to love crawling over and hiding under Pogostemon Helferi.

Nice looking tank by the way. I like the moss on top of the wood :good:

Love the wood on the left.. i would be tempted to do something similiar on the other side of the tank as well, then look to grow the fearn and/or moss grow and meet in the middle. A black backround would look great with your substrate.

Terry.

I'm going to swap out the java on the wood for weeping moss or fissidens when I can get some. I may get another "tree" for the other side, because I wanted something to hide the filter, alhough I need to remember, this is only a mini 12 litre tank, so the footprint is tiny (20 x 25cm floor). That's why I was thinking Pelia.

I would like a bigger tank... maybe an Arcadia Arc 20 litre. Why is this hobby so addictive! I thought I'd conquered my addiction to upgrades when I forced myself to stop building PC's! :rolleyes:

Yeah Steve, this is the tank I wanted plants for :)

I was thinking pelia along the right to look like hills (well, bushes at first lol).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back