My Rbp's

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lavyheed

Reaction score
My rbp's I've had since July. They were the size of a 50p when I first got them. They are now just over the 5 inches.

bb3b5085.jpg

The above pic was when I first got them.

RBP1_zps5e54b728.jpg

pf3_zps2d922b0c.jpg

pf1_zps888af08c.jpg

My missus thinks they are boring but I think different.

rbp1_zpsffe12b1a.jpg

My missus thinks they are boring but I think different.

Sadly a lot of people call them boring - obviously depends what you want from your fish! Glad you like them... I've just moved mine over to a Rio 400 and they are loving the extra space and swimming room. I find them quite rewarding to keep and their adult size is really impressive!

I think people expect them to be like the ones on the Piranha films! If they want that then they should go for the old exodon.

I also find watching/keeping the piranha very rewarding,even with the weekly water changes.
ohmy.png

Nice tank that you've switched them over to mate. Do you have pics?

I think people expect them to be like the ones on the Piranha films! If they want that then they should go for the old exodon.

I also find watching/keeping the piranha very rewarding,even with the weekly water changes.
ohmy.png

Nice tank that you've switched them over to mate. Do you have pics?

The new tank came without a light unit and the replacement won't arrive until Friday so can't get a pic in the new home... here are a couple of pics of the fish and their old home (now in the classifieds)...

BabyP.jpg

AdultP.jpg

Tank-1.jpg

The piece of wood looks much better suited to the Rio 400 and frees up some swimming space. I've got 6 at the moment and may add one or two more once I've up the filtration on the tank.

i kept piranhas for years, all different types, RB, black, etc etc...and aside from feeding i agree, they are boring.....they basically just sit there in one spot in the tank....they also freak out with any type of movement outside the tank....i did have them breed though, but aside from that i would never keep them again in an aquarium, or recommend anybody else to do so....

Most reactions

trending

Back