My puffer fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

PrObLeM_ChIlD

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Do puffers sleep or are mine getting ready do die? i woke up to find then all just kinda chillin in the tank resting on the plants and such.. but they were breathing really shallowey.. i did water test and everything came out fine.. i am wondering if they were sleeping.. all the lights were off, and when i tapped on the glass they didn't move, but when i moved the water around they sure did.. so i dunno maybe i am just a worried mommy, i have been medicating the tank, but tomorrow is the last day. they are just normally so uppy and active....

Sounds like they were sleeping to me. I know my Dwarfs are heavy sleepers, they don't even wait for lights out most nights, and are slow to rise in the morning (the last one comes out about 1/2 hr after the lights come on) Where as my little South American puffers seem to be active at night, I've never caught them sleeping and often see one of them hunting around in the dark tank.
I just finished a med cycle for Ick in my puffer tank and all through the cycle they were a bit more sluggish than normal so sounds to me like they should be fine.

oh ok thanks i guess i was just a lil too over concerned.. thank you for all your help.. your a life saver

Anytime :D ...just on a whim I checked on my little pack when I got home from work this morning (it's 8:22 AM here now) with a small flashlight, none of them stirred at all, and some of them had such pale sleep colors that I couldn't make out any markings at all :hyper:

Most reactions

Back