My plump little pleco

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sublimelime69sd

Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify what kind of pleco this is? I'm having a hard time finding out. New to the hobby.
20221128_040848.jpg
20221129_093043.jpg
20221210_200453.jpg
20221204_075723.jpg

Looks to be a common pleco (Hypostomus plecostomus)
It will get MASSIVE. So you will need to upgrade the tank as it grows most likely

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of but he's already growing on me (not in size). So much personality. I have a 55 gallon now but maybe this is the excuse I need to double it.

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of but he's already growing on me (not in size). So much personality. I have a 55 gallon now but maybe this is the excuse I need to double it.
Always a really good excuse for a larger tank 😉😂

Very nice! But it will get big! I had one many years ago that was like something I caught fishing in my neck of the woods! Enjoy, but don’t be surprised by growth rate!!

So I have an update. I went back to the store where I got him and they told me he is an Orange Spotted Pleco. It is also written on all the tanks and they say they do not carry the common pleco due to how people get them not knowing how big they get. Thoughts?

So I have an update. I went back to the store where I got him and they told me he is an Orange Spotted Pleco. It is also written on all the tanks and they say they do not carry the common pleco due to how people get them not knowing how big they get. Thoughts?
Not want to be rude but forget it.
A Gold Spot pleco (L001) maybe.
It definitely is one of the bigger ones.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back