my plants are mutating ?!?!?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kenneth_kpe

Lider op da pises.
Reaction score
i dont know whats happening !! my swords are mutating... the leaves ... they are growing really really large !! as compared to how they were growing before... is this normal ? how do i trim em down ? ?

let me guess. the leaves use to be much more round with a longer stem. Now its these huge broad leaves that is growing low and covering the most of the bottom..?

I use to have lots of those, the plant was grown outside of the water when you first get them, most sword plant are grown out of the water to give you this great algae free plant.

yeah in a way here, it kinda started out like that, here is a before and after photo of my tank, dont mind the ones on the back left of the tank, they really grow fast

Attachments

• beforenafter.jpg
    beforenafter.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 41
btw the growth went crazy when my lights got busted and i improvised....

btw what plant is this ?

Attachments

• Image008.jpg
    Image008.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 40
The foliage of most plants will adapt to best utilise the ambient conditions.

ic ic, so is the growth good or bad ? so do you guys have any advice on how i should trim down sword plants ? like my black sword and th second unknown one ? :) im not sure if i should just cut the big leaves away ....

dont cut the big leaves, you'll see the leaves last for some time ( 6-8 months ) in good nutrience rich soil, then they start falling off by them selfs.

I just want to add that your tank look really great. you could move the driftwood a bit, but the tank look stunning..

PS: and the otto looks fat

ummm.... the otto is fat ?? really ? i should stop feeding em with cocumbers ? :) haha i should chase em around and "force exercise" em (kidding)....

oo i cant really cut em ? but branching plants like the one in the middle... i can cut em right ? because they are kinda invading the surface of my tank and trying to reach the light :)

Most reactions

Back