My plants are getting worse

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I just found that my eheim heater wasn't calibrated properly, so the tank temp was 85 instead of 78. Could that have been the problem with the plants?

Possibly, long-term. As for the heater, most (many anyway) are not exact in the calibration. Once you know what temperature the heater will maintain for the setting, it should be constant. I had an Eheim Jager heater that when set at 21C maintained the water at 25C. Lasted for years with no issues.

Possibly, long-term. As for the heater, most (many anyway) are not exact in the calibration. Once you know what temperature the heater will maintain for the setting, it should be constant. I had an Eheim Jager heater that when set at 21C maintained the water at 25C. Lasted for years with no issues.
It was something I was meaning to check, but I never did it. Maybe the problem will get better. Today I am going to add a root tab to each of swords.

NEVER rely on the settings on heaters to be accurate. More often than not they are off by a few or even several degrees. Always use an aquarium thermometer to double check your heater accuracy. I guess you’ll know soon if the heat affected the plants if your plants revive.

So after holding off for a bit, I finally got some API water conditioner. Really hoping that that helps this issue as it's still ongoing.
I was using Prime before which apparently has a chemical that makes it so that the plants can't use the iron and other metals in my fertilizer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back