My Planted Tank Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

here are some more pics, the good thing about ei dosing is when you get it right the tank looks amazing, last night the tank was litterally full of bubbles

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

and the other thing is that plants grow like wild fire, i've never seen anything like it these pics were taken on the friday 6th and then the mon 9th

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

jake

I hope you`ve got a decent pair of pruning scissors on your shopping list!

Lovely looking tank, Jake.

got back from a two week hol, my sis has been looking after the dosing and what not, came back too a jungle. poor little fish.

my gorami has developed a little bit of fin rot, and i can only see one of the loaches but i had been pruning and what not,

tbh i could do with some slower growers in there but the lfs has a limited supply,

i also have an out break of duck weed.

note to people buying java moss off ebay.

the tank was covered accross the top like a carpet.

anywho's at least there were no major upsets

jake

as i had to take alot out im thinking of changing stuff slightly,

to this:

planned.jpg

leaving the centre free for the fish.

the swords????? on the right have really grown, how do i trim them??

also i would like to add maybe a feature flowering plant or a redish plant any ideas???

jake

To trim swords just cut off stems as near to the bulb bit as you can.
Red-ish plant you say...... Alternanthera reineckii would look nice.
Really nice tank by the way.

Great tank, just love it :)

Just curious on your dosing, could you give us a list of the dosing you doing right now and a weekly schedule?

keep up the great work :)

yup,

im on pressurised co2, through nutrafin diffuser,

i dose 30ml of kno3 as per the mix
10-20ml khp04 as per mix
15ml traces,

i altenate like the guide says then do about a 25-40% water change.

did some rearanging tonight, pic in the morning,

looks a little bare at the mo, i need to buy some small plants for the ground, and a feature plant.

then redo the ricca on a bigger bit of slate to get a carpet effect, think i'll get some amano shrimps too.

jake

also i would like to add maybe a feature flowering plant or a redish plant any ideas???

jake

Rotala rotundifolia is a red plant that I always recommend. It`s cheap, readily available and easy to grow:

Empty013pb.jpg

Your tank should look pretty good with a concave layout. Go for it!

Dave.

I think so to, especially with the blue background.I have just started EI using the same rejime as you bt dry dosing, will see how things go :good:

oh yeah i forgot to say i dont dry dose, i use liquid.

any who's heres the new pic thus far.

DSC01303.jpg

im going to fill out the bottom left, redo and add my ricca agan, then maybe as dave suggest, im sure i had that before and didn't far too well.

jake

It`s coming nicely Jake, but (yes, another but), do I detect some Sword leaves going brown and melting?

The concave look is definitely working for you.

Dave.

yeah i need to pluck them out,

the plant has sent up shoots right to the top, and is now growing another plant off it,

anyway's its all acedemic now, as i have taken the fish back to the shop and am converting the tank over to chilchids,

i will be using ocean rock, plan on making a start to night.

fingers crossed.

jake

Most reactions

Back