My North Pole In The Deep South

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AmtotheBurr

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I love Christmas. Always have. I wanted to post some photos! Everyone jokes my home is like the North Pole. As hot as it is in Florida, there's nothing wrong with a little holiday cheer to make it feel more Christmasy than it really does. :)

Yes, I have two large trees :) I had a few more smaller trees (and lots of decorations) but they were wiped out in the flood.
I'll add more decoration photos tomorrow or Wednesday. There's more to see! :)

Very lovely decorations Amber! As a guy I'm not the greatest at decorating so it's cool to see what I none butchered job looks like lol.

Amber I love the decorations, very festive and definitely sets the mood. I do however have one small question to ask. Why don't you have two tanks positioned in those rather nice looking alcoves? I can imagine some rather splendid looking fish in there. Just joking of course. 
And as final note, how many tress do you have in the house?

Richard.

Very nice and festive
yes.gif
yay.gif
. Your lucky that you at least have a fireplace and mantle to at least hang your stockings. The closest I have is the top of the TV cabinet and any tinsel or other light hanging decorations can't be hung because of the fans whipping around at a million miles an hour.

Like something you'd see in a fancy magazine. Nicely done, very festive! :D

ricbea said:
Why don't you have two tanks positioned in those rather nice looking alcoves? I can imagine some rather splendid looking fish in there. Just joking of course. 
And as final note, how many tress do you have in the house?

Richard.
I do have a fish tank in an alcove around the corner from those ;). Those by the fireplace don't have power outlets or I'd probably be very tempted. Non holiday time, it's decorated with very tall photo frames and the such.
I have two full size large trees, a medium ish tree made of twine, and two small trees. I had many more but the flood destroyed 70% of my Christmas decor
Baccus said:
Your lucky that you at least have a fireplace and mantle to at least hang your stockings. The closest I have is the top of the TV cabinet and any tinsel or other light hanging decorations can't be hung because of the fans whipping around at a million miles an hour.
That fireplace has never been lit! And the house has been here for 17 years :)
It does get cold during the winters here... But not old enough for me to try and learn how to make fires and clean up after them. I'll stick to my candles inside the fireplace for the illusion
Hathaway said:
Like something you'd see in a fancy magazine. Nicely done, very festive! :D
thank you so much!

RRaquariums said:
Very lovely decorations Amber! As a guy I'm not the greatest at decorating so it's cool to see what I none butchered job looks like lol.
I love decorating. Maybe it's a girl thing. :)

Munroco said:
Lots of tartan going on there :)
Haha I do love plaid. I like traditional colors and the such, but we also have some funkier things

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back