My new shrimp tank :)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
This is what my shrimp/guppy 30 gallon tank looks like. I had silent cycled it. It's not much now but the plants really grew. I have 10 ghost shrimp in it.

Attachments

• GEDC1153.JPG
    GEDC1153.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 61
BetterWithBettas
Great looking tank! Hope you consider entering our Tank of the Month Contest. Next one starts on February 1st. Meanwhile, please vote in our Pet of the Month contest. View entries by clicking on banner at top of forums.

Man, and I’m in the process of trapping mine and putting them in a separate tank to give to the lfs. Anyone near Houston, TX is welcome to come get free RCS. My shrimp trap below.
0AA53D48-AC4E-4792-97AD-B54B0596BA52.jpeg

This is what my shrimp/guppy 30 gallon tank looks like. I had silent cycled it. It's not much now but the plants really grew. I have 10 ghost shrimp in it.
Yess your plants look lush!! The ghost shrimp would love it in there! My stem plants never look that bushy after a while. Maybe it is my light but they end up looking weedy!

I quickly moved from a 10G to a 20G long. I’m getting rid of the shrimp and moving all of my betta tanks to a front bedroom. Then I’ll have a betta room. All you’ll see in my den then is my 3 goldfish tanks and my tropical tank. 3 is much better than 9. I look like a fish hoarder right now.

Man, and I’m in the process of trapping mine and putting them in a separate tank to give to the lfs. Anyone near Houston, TX is welcome to come get free RCS. My shrimp trap below.View attachment 96944
[/QUOTE
Wish I could would love to have RCS but I live too far north of you. Love visiting your area, I have been there many times, the space center was great. My dad use to live in Harlingen TX. after he retired. My parents met at Lackland AFB TX when they were medics during the Korean War.

I quickly moved from a 10G to a 20G long. I’m getting rid of the shrimp and moving all of my betta tanks to a front bedroom. Then I’ll have a betta room. All you’ll see in my den then is my 3 goldfish tanks and my tropical tank. 3 is much better than 9. I look like a fish hoarder right now.
Two words that my dreams are made of: "Betta" + "Room" - I have regrettably downsized myself but when I'm not renting would love to have a few more again!

Soo. I liked having shrimp so much that I made another shrimp tank *slaps forehead* they're both in the home office. Doing work is getting harder and harder!

If I had different cherry shrimp in one tank would they breed and make new/different colours?

Edit: Thinking about having a mix of colours in this 2nd tank!

I went with red cherry shrimp in the end for the 1st/original shrimp tank also!

Last edited:
If you keep different coloured cherry shrimps in the same tank, the babies would be brown, I'm afraid.
You can keep different varieties of one colour together (eg a tank with red cherry, red sakura and bloody Mary shrimps, or a tank with blue dream, blue velvet and blue jelly shrimps) but the offspring would loose the characteristics of each variety and be just red or just blue.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back