My New Ornate Bichir!

Ornate Bichir

New Member
Joined
May 1, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Singapore
I've just returned from Qian Hu Fish Farm in Singapore, with my new Ornate Bichir! Any suggestions what I should do right after I adjust the temperature of the water with it's surroundings and how long after should I open the plastic bag?
 
It thankfully survived the crucial first night and I'm glad I didn't waste my $15. It gets along pretty well with it's tankmates of 3 senegal bichirs at 6" and it's feeding well on frozen bloodworms. Any recommendations on what to add to it's diet besides pellets cos I was told by the shop keeper that they don't like pellets.
 
He will definitely eat pellets given time - especially if the senegals do (which again they will as soon as they realise they are food) as you have been advised before bloodworm alone is not a good diet, good quality pellets (preferably ones with some vegetable in them - this is how I get my senegal and lapradei to eat veg LOL), chopped prawns, chopped lancefish/whitebait, cockles, mussels - go back to your previos thread and there are loads of good suggestions there.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top