My New O

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
So the OC'ers will know all about the problems I had with my previous Oscar, after a few weeks, I went looking for another, had her a couple of weeks now ( I say her, but who knows, just looks like a female to me :rolleyes:)

Meet Primrose or Rosie for short :D

Couple of days after I got her, best buds with my Severum :)

P1030520.jpg

P1030522.jpg

Today

P1030536.jpg

P1030525.jpg

No problems with the GT either, which is a sigh of relief.

P1030535.jpg

Not as fast growing as Albert (but I think he was just exceptionally fast) and it took her a long time to realise that food comes from the top (Shelagh knows all about that story) as she seemed to follow the Daemons and eat from the floor, but now she stalks her cichlid pellets, hilarious to watch and then goes and eats all the blooworm/shrimp/worm pellets from the floor :rolleyes:

Awww minx, good to see you back!

Rosie is gorgeous (def. too pretty to be male LOL) how big is she?

Hey Minx, hope you've been well,
Rosie looks great, glad shes settled in well with the others.
Tank also looks amazing btw :good:

Edit: just notice the Silver Sharks too, very nice additions

Indigoj, she is about 3" now, grown about 0.5" since I got her :)

Davo, thanks, yeah got the 4 sharks last week, they settled really quickly, livened things up a bit :)

Awww... a little bigger than my 2.

Pics as she grows please :)

looking fantastic Mags :)

yeah i know all about Rosie`s bewilderment on the subject of food :lol: the whole tank looks absolutley fab..as usuall!

lovely to see you back Mags it really is, i know for a fact that you have been missed :)

and i have to agree in this case.. all of my 0`s are/were male.. but Rosie is deffo too pretty :)

lots a luv
shelagh xxxxxx

So new pics taken today, really starting to grow now :)

P1030657.jpg

P1030656.jpg

P1030636.jpg

P1030630.jpg

P1030616.jpg

Fins as you can see are a little mangled, after the GT decided to go bonkers on her tail, actually not too bad now and growing back nicely.

Real little fattie tum too :D

Just looked at your sig pic!

wow, the oscar actually looks like a centre-piece fish [I hate that term :rofl: ] in amongst those silver sharks, gt and rainbows etc...!

totm entry?

I nominate :D

i dont know wether to get a normal or albino o now

i`d love to know what you feed your oscars Mags, she is growing at a heck of a rate..and look at her fat belly! :lol:
shes gorgeous and going to even more so when shes all grown up, you do a fab job with all your fish :)

shelagh xxxx

Hi Hon, will update with more pics later, I feed her doromin as a staple, bloodworm pellets/shrimp/mussel pellets too, although these arent strictly for Rosie (but any food is for her right) :rolleyes: also weekly fresh prawns, some tuna occassionally, the odd helping of frozen bloodworm/prawn etc. They do grow fast huh, I think the 2x 50% weekly water changes help too :p

love the new sig too. she looks like she has everything under control in there

i hope shes getting some fresh vegatables in all that lot :lol: i love doromin, its such an easy to feed and fab quality food,Bo crunches his :S were as nobbles wiats till they go soft

ill check back later for the pics, shes a stunner!

I chuck in veggie wafers along with prima daily for the others, think she eats some, have tried peas, they get a disgusted look and completely ignored :lol: So no, however, doesnt seem to have a problem pooping :rolleyes:

She will soon just have the Sev, bichirs, balas and ghost knife for company, as I have bought a 4ft for the other fish as she is eyeing up the rainbows/daemons with a lip smacking longing, so time to move them before they become expensive snacks! She has tried a rainbow tail, however they do move quite quickly and they are still a little big for her mouth, not for much longer though.

Well I knew it wouldnt be long, this morning Rosie was swimming around with a rainbow hanging out her mouth!!! Tried to net her to pull it out as she looked to be having problems, but she swallowed it!!

This new tank better turn up soon, as she now has a taste for rainbowfish blood :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back