My New Longfin Corys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Today I had some lovely c. aeneus corys brought home to me, and my father and I noticed that they have something a little different about them: they seem to be longfins! Right now they're in the quarantine tank, and are all seemingly quite happy already.

Am I the only one out of the loop here or are there others who had no idea that there were longfin variants of bronze corys?

Well, anyway, I have three albino and three bronze, in which two of each type are longfins. I did notice, however, that the way in which this trait manifested in these groups was different between the albinos and bronzes. I noticed that, in the bronze corys, the dorsal fins were primarily affected. Their dorsal fins are long and sharp-looking. However, in the albino corys, their tail fins were most prominently affected by the trait. They have long, angelic tails that flow when they swim.

Here's some photos. I turned the contrast up so the fins were more defined for the albino ones.
View attachment 134705View attachment 134706
Excited to have them in my 170L once they're ready!
Wow! I'm very envious of those beautiful things! I plan to one day get some once I can make space!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back