My New 3 Gallon Betta Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sailfin Zach

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I recently got a 55 gallon south american tank. And I got the 3 gallon because i went to the state fair and won 2 goldfish so i bought a 3 gallon. But then I found out that they to a foot long and live for decades so i whoud be 41 yrs and still have the same fish. One jumped out so I gave my other one to my grandpa which had a 29 gallon that we put it in. So we went to the store and bought a betta in stead

29 gallon is still to small for a goldfish.
can we see pics of the betta?

He's a double tail halfmoon body goes from purple white to blue to green with red fins and white outline. I know its to small for a goldfish it was ethier that or the pond and he has nothing else in the 29 gallon. I'll post some pics tomorrow I dont know how to do it yet. My dad usally does it for me.

29 gallons is suitable for ONE goldfish. The fair... they give the feeder fish at the fair. Well, that's what they gave out at OUR fair at least.
What kind is it the goldie? Is it a long comet feeder or is a round fantail? If it's a fantail, 29 gallons should be fine. Just for one. In a few years, if it gets too big for the tank, upgrade to a 40 gallon.

What's the name of your betta? :)

either way, any kind of species needs double the filtration for the tank, so i would recommend a filter for either a 55 or 60 US gallon tank

Hes a Gold Comet he had a friend that jumped out of the 3 gallon. Then we tested the 3 gallon and we had ammonia in the tank so we went to the store and paid $15.00 for this prime stuff. We used that and did a water change every day for about a month. We tested it and its now doing well. My bettas name is Samurai. My grandpas filter is a Emperor 280 is good enough for 75 gallons.

cool, good job

are you gonna put a filter in?
also you could add java moss, bettas love them (in my opinion)
the java moss reduces ammonia, and nitrites
so, it would mean a little less water changes.
you could also put in some moss balls

there is a small three gallon filter that came with the tank. we put a anibus tied to a rock

Here's a picture of my Betta, Samurai:

DSCN2096.jpg

Thanks hes a Double Tail Halfmoon that was him when he was in the .75 gallon tank before the tank was set up. This is my dads betta hes a Elephant Ear Delta Tail.

2012-10-27_23-30-44_563.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back