My Mudskipper Aquarium

I have rocks hidden beneath the sand which should prevent this from happening.
But obvviously I will have to smooth it out manually when it starts to even out.

I'm sorry but I can just see a flat bit of sand with rocks protruding from it once the water is in.

I hope that you prove me wrong as it looks great :good:

Sure it would be possible to keep mangroves in a 12" tall tank so long as you don't mind them growing well above the tank line. With a glass cover: NO.

I just remembered that the tank is indeed 15 inches tall and 12 inches wide, not the other way.

I was also thinking of adding a moon/lunar light to my setup, can anyone
sugest a good light and also where you can buy it?

just want to mention - the layout should include a large area of raised sand as many species like to dig tunnels in the sand thats out of the water

I was also thinking of adding a moon/lunar light to my setup, can anyone
sugest a good light and also where you can buy it?
IceCap makes the best lunar lights, PFO is also good. You can find both @ Premium Aquatics.

Does anyone know of some terrarium plants which woud do well in this setup.
I know many aquatic retailers sell terrarium style plants to be used in water.

Does anyone know of some terrarium plants which woud do well in this setup.
I know many aquatic retailers sell terrarium style plants to be used in water.
I highly doubt any terrarium supplier or LFS would have anything suitable for this setup besides mangroves.

I'm sorry but I can just see a flat bit of sand with rocks protruding from it once the water is in.

I hope that you prove me wrong as it looks great :good:

Now I'm starting to think the same. I think the slope on the right should stay up if I even it out more, but I might have rocks on the left instead of sand. The reason I had two slopes was for seperate territories.

Seems very wasteful of space, could you not maybe make it half full then build along the back with rocks and bogwood?

Btw I have some mangroves if your interested.

Seems very wasteful of space, could you not maybe make it half full then build along the back with rocks and bogwood?

Btw I have some mangroves if your interested.

I'm not sure what you mean. The tank is not very wide so the only way you can provide enough room is by having the slope lengthways.

I have decided not to keep mangroves because the tank is too short.

I just dont think you need all that sand.I was meaning have a normal layer of sand with roots and wood all along the back of the tank and maybe one corner(or both)could have a beach made by stacking flat rocks.

Kinda like this only a bit more natural looking.

http://www.franksaquarium.com/shellie.htm

Most reactions

Back