my mom insulted my betta tanks!!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
Well, I am always trying to get bigger tanks for my bettas and this morning my mom went off about her friend has them in these bigger bowls and how they have more room then my fish... so that pissed me off. I try to get bigger tanks but she complains about how much room they take up then she complains about how little mine are.... :blink:

Then she said about how the gravel is all one color and not rainbow like mine in an insulting voice... I would like to switch over to sand or brown gravel with live plants but noooooo... :grr:

Then she goes off about how her bettas have no decorations and mine are all gooped up. Sorry if I don't like sticking my betta in a jar with no plants or anything, so he's all bored. :crazy:

I don't know if I'm over reacting but I took great offence to this. I worked hard to make my bettas houses look as relistic to nature as I could on limited money. She really hurt my feelings and then didn't get why I was angry. :(

Don't get het up about it - you know you're right and I'm sure that your mom didn't mean to upset you. Try explaining to her how she hurt your feelings and that bettas need a decent home just like any other living creature, after all, how would she like to live in a small cramped room with no other space. You're doing good with your fish and just carry on the way you do.

I feel your pain :/ My mom is always telling me of her friend that keeps her bettas in a 1/2 gallon bowl with no gravel, plants, heat :crazy:, or lighting. She says there's no need for me to buy a heater for my betta tanks.

I agree with Gadazobe though. Trying to explain to your mom can't hurt. GL :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back