My loach has changed colour!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JamesTasker

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
One of my kuhli loaches has got much paler and more transparent. I don't see them that often but it started a couple of weeks ago and has got worse. Is this bad? I was wondering if it looked paler in the light but I'm pretty sure it was never this pale before. Any ideas? cheers ;)

My mum and dads do it loads (mine dont)

I tend to think its to do with light . ours are always out and about and are well coloured... my parents dont have the light on that much (4-5 hours in the evenings) and they are always hiding in caves and other dark places and theirs are always washed out. they have always been 'washed out' and they are nearly 1 year old.

I saw him last night and if I'm not muddling him with the other one :blink: then in the dark it looked much better so it probably is to do with the lights. Thanks for the help. I was wondering if they are generally difficult to keep. I have lost 2 out of 4 and 1 lfs has been having 'problems' with them and the other lfs had a complete wipeout in their kuhli tank. :dunno: :dunno:

JamesTasker said:
I saw him last night and if I'm not muddling him with the other one :blink: then in the dark it looked much better so it probably is to do with the lights. Thanks for the help. I was wondering if they are generally difficult to keep. I have lost 2 out of 4 and 1 lfs has been having 'problems' with them and the other lfs had a complete wipeout in their kuhli tank. :dunno: :dunno:
I've not had any problems keeping them... in fact they always add life to our tanks... they behave like puppies... sniffing about all the time and digging!

I have a shoal of yo-yo loaches that do this sometimes. Scared the crap out of me the first few times, and now I don't even pay it any attention. Sometimes their bands are very dark black, and other times the bands fade and all but disappear, and the entire fish looks 'washed out' as smithrc says, almost transluscent. They looks so awful for a short while you wonder if they're dying, but their behavior is fine (wacky, as usual) and in just a bit its back to normal. :dunno: I've just learned to think it's normal for them to do that.

pendragon!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back