My lfs is the bestttttt!!!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, Aceh is a location point, a Province of Indonesia. Several years ago ago it became famous due to being hit by a large tsunami. event.
Thanks for the info! While researching on wilds, I've heard like sooo many location names, and not Aceh, which is kind of weird, since you say it's become famous...

Not sure if you've already gotten the fish (You probably have lol) but Dimidiata are amazing, and pretty easy as far as care goes. I have a pair, and I love them:)

Not sure if you've already gotten the fish (You probably have lol) but Dimidiata are amazing, and pretty easy as far as care goes. I have a pair, and I love them:)
I already got the sp. Jades, and they're amazinggggggg!
It's so nice you have Dimidiata! I really like them too. Can we see pics of yours?

I already got the sp. Jades, and they're amazinggggggg!
It's so nice you have Dimidiata! I really like them too. Can we see pics of yours?
89423594-2E92-403B-91FE-3E56429C54A0.jpg

This is my male, I don't think I have a pic of my female, but they are so simple. I keep mine basically the same way I keep my domestic bettas, and they've been doing great. I have yet to get fry from mine, because between the two of them, they always get eaten...

View attachment 312061
This is my male, I don't think I have a pic of my female, but they are so simple. I keep mine basically the same way I keep my domestic bettas, and they've been doing great. I have yet to get fry from mine, because between the two of them, they always get eaten...
Awww he's beautiful! Hope you end up with some fry...!

Every time I read the title of this thread, I shake my head. 30 years ago, there would have been a big controversy as people said their own lfs was far far better than yours. Now? We all think you're lucky if you have a decent store that is willing to get you interesting fish.
When I was in my late teens, we had 6 good stores within walking distance, all of which would order for you, and all of which would buy from quality local breeders. Now, if I were to go back to the old house, not one of them exists, and I would need a dozen subway stops to get to a good store. Or, I could go to the airport and go to Greece, I guess.
I'm living in what is a backwater town now, with about 50,000 people and a rough economy (the Canadian rust belt). We have independent stores here because the big corporate ones don't want to bother with having bilingual packaging, but they still all order the same boring fish from Singapore.

If you think your lfs is even good, let alone the best, support them! The hobby is fighting a rearguard battle against blandness.

Every time I read the title of this thread, I shake my head. 30 years ago, there would have been a big controversy as people said their own lfs was far far better than yours. Now? We all think you're lucky if you have a decent store that is willing to get you interesting fish.
When I was in my late teens, we had 6 good stores within walking distance, all of which would order for you, and all of which would buy from quality local breeders. Now, if I were to go back to the old house, not one of them exists, and I would need a dozen subway stops to get to a good store. Or, I could go to the airport and go to Greece, I guess.
I'm living in what is a backwater town now, with about 50,000 people and a rough economy (the Canadian rust belt). We have independent stores here because the big corporate ones don't want to bother with having bilingual packaging, but they still all order the same boring fish from Singapore.
Unfortunately that's true...🙁
If you think your lfs is even good, let alone the best, support them! The hobby is fighting a rearguard battle against blandness.
I spend wayyy more money there than I should🤣 I don't know if that's good or bad though...😂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back