My Keyboard As Betrayed Me

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

onidrase

Let's Be Friends
Reaction score
all te sudden my backspace button doesnt work, or my quotation/apostrope mark button, or te letters in between F and J. So. I mit be a little inactive for a wile til I fiure out wy.

Just trowin it out tere.

Reason to ate laptops number 1, keyboard is attaced to computer. :sad:

So no backspace and no g and h huh. Well instead of backspace you could highlight and retype it but that's a bit of a hassle.

I feel your pain. My space bar broke once. Had-to-type-like-this-for-3-months-before-I-could-afford-a-new-laptop.

Have you got a spare usb keyboard?

Oh yeah you could plug in a USB keyboard like you can plug in a USB mouse into a laptop :good:

Try restarting the computer, if that is no good you can use the numeric values using the alt key to type characters, for when you need to type important things like passwords.

:lol: its so easy to take your keys for ranted until tey stop workin, itd be a lot less funny if it were av--- appenin to you

prolly onna do surery on my keyboard to find out wy tese specific easi--- areas dont work

Try restarting the computer, if that is no good you can use the numeric values using the alt key to type characters, for when you need to type important things like passwords.
luckily my passwords are all safe from te buttons tat are not workin

I restarted it once and left it turned off for a ood few ours a second time

unfortunately my laptop is a little netbook, so its no ood for a wole lot of tins oter tan typin up stuff and browsin te net

Theres an on screen keyboard on most! Just click the letters with a mouse! Mom took away my keyboard once :D that didn't do any good xD

Also, most laptops, the keyboard can be replaced. It it just popped up and out -- in fact there are sometimes things like RAM slots that you can only get to under the keyboard.

Yay, I was hoping someone would mention a USB keyboard, so I wouldn't feel left out.

I remember when my keyboards all died once... I had to copy and paste everything that I wanted to type ._.

Also, holding shift while pressing left or right on the arrow keys really does work. It'll highlight anything the insertion point glides over, and you can just tap space to essentially erase it all... To highlight an entire word with one keystroke, hold down your control and shift key at the same time.

Good luck, honey <3

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back