My Guppies Beautiful Tail...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mr130gallon

Fish Addict
Reaction score
where did my guppies beautiful tail go? into my gold gourami, my kribensis male, my mollies, my other male guppy? who would you suspect from my stocking (which is in my sig)

good thing i painted a picture of him before this happened so i have something to remember it.

How much is missing? Unless its all gone, it will grow back.

As for the culprit, I'd say the barbs.

the barbs havent been a problem in the past, and one of the male cherry barbs is acting weird (laying on its stomach on the ground) but it might be them. the tail is about 90% gone.

Kribs is my guess. I've seen it first hand. I was moving my guppies around and put several males into the Krib tank temporarily and it was not good. Krib killed 3 males in 15 minutes. Bit the whole entire tails off each one. He made them crippled with no tail then finished them off I guess.

Sorry...

oooh, sounds crappy, but my kribensis seems very docile, infact i havent noticed agression in any of my fish before.

the barbs havent been a problem in the past, and one of the male cherry barbs is acting weird (laying on its stomach on the ground) but it might be them. the tail is about 90% gone.

Fish:
1 Rosy Barb, Most likely, top of the suspect list
1 ancistrus sp?
2 SAE's
20 Neon Tetras,
5 Cherry Barbs, Possibly, can be nippy in small groups
3 Bolivian Rams, Again, possibly
6 Elegant Cories,
6 Bronze Cories,
1 Female Silver Lyretail Molly, Perhaps
1 Female Gold Dust Nolly, Perhaps
3 Gold Gouramis, Wouldn't discount
3 Male Guppies Second most likely.

ok, i put him in my smaller tank in my bedroom, where he can perhaps heal, it has more floating plants he can hide in.

now the problem i didnt think about is... how do i fix this problem? maybe put him back when his tail heals and see how he does? or keep him in the small tank forever?

It will grow back and he will be fine, i had a moscow blue guppies extremely tailess, and he was only a youngster, we called him stumpy, as for how is the culprit, id say the krib. di

The same thing has happened to me, apart from all of my guppies fins have been bitten :sad:

It was my barb that did it, so he is now in the naughty tank!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back