My goldfish scales look funny!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MiacCroFiche

Reaction score
We added salt two weeks ago. They have live plants, 50 gallon tank shared with five Panda Corydoras.

We do water changes once a week and have a Fluval 307 connected.
None of the fish appear sick. But one of the Pandas died four weeks ago and the youngest Panda had an ugly spot on his back at the same time. My husband added some salt and the spot quickly went away.

Attachments

• 42CC764B-9FFE-47F5-B679-933A7BED4681.jpeg
    42CC764B-9FFE-47F5-B679-933A7BED4681.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 71
  • B45327AC-27F6-4B53-8A62-86E54CBA4A46.jpeg
    B45327AC-27F6-4B53-8A62-86E54CBA4A46.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 63
  • CDFD1215-F27B-4C95-99E5-E1828271F3B8.jpeg
    CDFD1215-F27B-4C95-99E5-E1828271F3B8.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 4E32AC5F-6316-4F5C-B117-0416AFDB912C.jpeg
    4E32AC5F-6316-4F5C-B117-0416AFDB912C.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 66
  • FE6056EA-91D1-48D8-B007-2489360D614B.jpeg
    FE6056EA-91D1-48D8-B007-2489360D614B.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 71
What happens if a goldfish eats a cory catfish?

The number one issue to keep in mind when keeping any different breeds together in a tank is the size of ALL of the fish in the tank.

A combination of fish with large mouths and smaller fish means that it’s very
common for fish to be eaten by their tank mates...

When it comes to Goldfish and Corydoras, this is the biggest concern that most fish keepers have. Some
breeds of Goldfish can have quite big mouths that can easily fit smaller Corydoras and this is something that can surprisingly lead to the death of both fish as Corydoras have venomous spines on some of there fins

Seriously fish's Panda Corydoras Segment

@Bruce Leyland-Jones could maybe the goldfish have got into contact with the Cory's Spiney Fins?

Attachments

• Dorsal-and-pectoral-fin-spines-of-a-c-Corydoras-brittoi-NUP-17313-341-mm-SL.png
    Dorsal-and-pectoral-fin-spines-of-a-c-Corydoras-brittoi-NUP-17313-341-mm-SL.png
    256.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

The number one issue to keep in mind when keeping any different breeds together in a tank is the size of ALL of the fish in the tank.

When it comes to Goldfish and Corydoras, this is the biggest concern that most fish keepers have. Some
breeds of Goldfish can have quite big mouths that can easily fit smaller Corydoras and this is something that can surprisingly lead to the death of both fish as Corydoras have venomous spines on some of there fins

@Bruce Leyland-Jones could maybe the goldfish have got into contact with the Cory's Spiney Fins?
the lady at Petsmart said that we could put them together but they were all babies. But the goldfish are getting pretty big now.. I don’t want to look up to see someone’s tail fin going down someone elses throat.

We will put the Cory’s somewhere else.

the lady at Petsmart said that we could put them together but they were all babies. But the goldfish are getting pretty big now.. I don’t want to look up to see someone’s tail fin going down someone elses throat.

We will put the Cory’s somewhere else.
Thanks fir that information. I show the photo to my husband

no problem im happy to help

i hope you manage to sort things out
and that this isnt the case for your goldfish

Also can i suggest that you no longer trust staff at big chain stores like petco and petsmart there staff's training is more Profit and customer relations related than fish knowledge related

We added salt two weeks ago. They have live plants, 50 gallon tank shared with five Panda Corydoras.

We do water changes once a week and have a Fluval 307 connected.
None of the fish appear sick. But one of the Pandas died four weeks ago and the youngest Panda had an ugly spot on his back at the same time. My husband added some salt and the spot quickly went away.
They are also rubbing their bodies against plants and rocks.

we did water changes a few minutes ago and tested the water with the aquarium water testing kit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back