My Galaxy Rasboras/celestial Pearl Danio

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

XFiSh_CichildX

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hey so i have been doing my research on these little fish and thought i would never be able to find them and i have never seen them in my lfs so Saturday when i was in having a we look i was just about to go when i seen the beauties there was only 4 left at £3 each so i had to get them i was so excited :)!!!! they are in my 110L shrimp tank atm but i will be setting up there on 60l up during this week then another we tank to give a go a breeding them in a while to come as they are only small does anyone know what size they will be ready to breed at i think i have one female and three male

not the best pictures as they are super quick!

DSCN1001.jpg

DSCN1002.jpg

DSCN1003.jpg

DSCN1005.jpg

will add the rest later :p

hey so i have been doing my research on these little fish and thought i would never be able to find them and i have never seen them in my lfs so Saturday when i was in having a we look i was just about to go when i seen the beauties there was only 4 left at £3 each so i had to get them i was so excited :)!!!!
Beauties!!! Nice score! I myself have been on the search for some, but am having no luck. My lfs told me he doesent carry them because they are not a very attractive fish when they are young so they don't sell. He did add that they get more stunning as they age.
My search continues

I got some on Saturday, bit cheaper than yours,( 6 for £10) may go back & get some more.
I'm hoping they'll breed too, so hope someone can answer your question

hey so i have been doing my research on these little fish and thought i would never be able to find them and i have never seen them in my lfs so Saturday when i was in having a we look i was just about to go when i seen the beauties there was only 4 left at £3 each so i had to get them i was so excited :)!!!!
Beauties!!! Nice score! I myself have been on the search for some, but am having no luck. My lfs told me he doesent carry them because they are not a very attractive fish when they are young so they don't sell. He did add that they get more stunning as they age.
My search continues

thanks ! good luck on your search as i have fallen in love with mine already and they stay together which is amusing ! ebay have them i think but delivery is really dear like 15pound ontop of and the fish are 3pound each on it...

I got some on Saturday, bit cheaper than yours,( 6 for £10) may go back & get some more.
I'm hoping they'll breed too, so hope someone can answer your question

that was a good we bargain there! what are you feeding yours ?

I got some hikari micro pellets which they seem to like.
I crush them slightly as the fish are still small
Going to try them on bbs & bloodworms too

They get to about an inch in size. My dwarf shrimp are bigger than them hehe.

I haven't tried breeding mine.

mine are close to an inch i would say ! you should give it a try they are amazing...

I got some hikari micro pellets which they seem to like.
I crush them slightly as the fish are still small
Going to try them on bbs & bloodworms too

mine are eating some flake and they took bloodworm last night :)was going to get them wee micro pellets today but didnt no if they would like them or not but i think i will give them a try now

i feed mine on crushed tetra prime and standard tetra flake, they are not too fussy. takes a good few months until they are old enough to breed and although they are quite easy to breed, they often eat the eggs are quick as they are dropped. Spawning mops / lots of moss are generally ideal.

i would say youre fish would be breeding soon, you can already clearly tell the sexes.

the only female i can see is the 2nd pic.

i feed mine on crushed tetra prime and standard tetra flake, they are not too fussy. takes a good few months until they are old enough to breed and although they are quite easy to breed, they often eat the eggs are quick as they are dropped. Spawning mops / lots of moss are generally ideal.

i just fed mine some crushed flake which they seemed to like i aslo have alot of java moss and spawning mops on the way ;) thinking ahead chum

i would say youre fish would be breeding soon, you can already clearly tell the sexes.

the only female i can see is the 2nd pic.

yea thats the one i was thinking :) so u think there ready to breed ?

best thing to do would be get them in their tank. start conditioning them with plenty of live foods, cyclops are good. then when youre other tank is ready move a pair over leave them a few days and then return them to the group. theres no rush, the better the condition of the parents i guess the better results you will have, you will see the males showing off and youre female will get more plump and their colours will intensify with age and condition.

I went back & got some more, they might not get them in again.
I picked up some frozen cyclops for them too, nowhere near me sells live ones.
My original ones are colouring up nicely now they've had a couple of days to settle.
I dropped in a big bunch of java moss, & they're zipping in & out of it.
Not sure what m/f ratio I've got yet, but have id'd at least 2 males & a couple of females

If you have several males and females, I wouldn't bother to separate a pair. Just let them spawn in a group. As it is difficult for me to get live foods (even frozen), I feed them a mix of spirulina flakes and crushed shrimp pellets. And once in a while I put frozen shrimps in a blender and feed that to my fish. Works well :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back