My fish journey

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So Iā€™m in 7th grade (I know Iā€™m young) and Iā€™ve was begging for a tank for like two years. I did a lot of research and this year my parents finally let me buy a tank with my birthday money. Like 2 months later I got another 5 gal betta tank.

So I want another tank now and Iā€™ve done quite a bit of research on saltwater so Iā€™m thinking I want to get saltwater.

A week ago I asked dad if I could get a saltwater tank if I:
1. Got straight Aā€™s all through 7th/8th grade.
2. Got A+ā€˜s in marine biology (I decided to take marine biology as my elective because of the fish unit.)
I wasnā€™t expecting dad to say yes because he always is saying how I already have enough and ā€œno one even has 2 tanksā€.

Well I asked him and he said yes. Even better he said HE will buy everything (except coral).

So now Iā€™m super excited and determined to get perfect grades. Dad keep reminding me everyday that I have a 55 gal reef tank on the line and thatā€™s pretty good motivation.

And just in case your Dad forgets, have him come online and we will remind him :)

My favorite saltwater fish long ago was a Flame Angel but I would be quite happy to have 120 gallon tank with an Emperor Angel.

Another good idea is to scout out a mentor. If there is a club in your area, join up. Hang out at the pet shops and ask questions. You'll eventually befriend someone experienced that will take you under their wing. Just be very careful who they are. Have your Dad give them the hairy eyeball.
Both of my uncles had reef tanks. They will help me

If you buy all the equipment for salt water tank, it won't be cheap.
I think it easily costs a few thousands for a full setup unless you want to do it manually or going low tech.

If you buy all the equipment for salt water tank, it won't be cheap.
I think it easily costs a few thousands for a full setup unless you want to do it manually or going low tech.
I know. I think weā€™ll maybe get some stuff off of Craigslist but Iā€™m not sure. I still donā€™t even know if I will get it but Iā€™m keeping positive and most of my grades are really good.

I know. I think weā€™ll maybe get some stuff off of Craigslist but Iā€™m not sure. I still donā€™t even know if I will get it but Iā€™m keeping positive and most of my grades are really good.

Here is a strategy for ya, check craigslist offen and a complete saltwater system may pop up. Look Dad, here is a 55 gallon tank with a sump and skimmer dirt cheap! You may even get some fish!

Most reactions

trending

Back