My fish/frog excitment

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

fuman_chica

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello.

As I posted recently in several sections of these forums, I just got a betta, on the 2nd, which I named Tonka. And I also have two female mollies expecting their first batch of babies.

Well, on the 3rd, I decided to put Tonka in the quarantine tank, instead of straight into the main tank. But when I went to take his cup out of the breeder net in my main tank, I saw a little, tiny fish swimming right next to the breeder net. MY MOLLY FINALLY HAD HER BABIES!!!

So I put Tonka's cup on the side of the main tank and looked for any more fry that I could find. I put some water in the quarantine tank, and then began putting them in it. I have only found five so far. After I searched the main tank for the 100th time, I put the breeding net back in the tank, and put all five of the fry in there.

So, then I filled up the quarantine tank with water from the main tank, and put Tonka in it. I then decided to seperate my frogs from the main tank, since I'm pretty sure that they feasted on molly fry while I was away at school today...they are quite a bit fatter than they were yesterday, and this morning. :sly: :grr:

So anyway, Tonka seems to be doing fine. I put in a little cave thing for him to hide in, which he likes to swim around, not thru. :rolleyes: He seems to be getting along okay with the frogs. I was kinda worried at first, but the frogs seem scared of him, and he doesn't seemed interested at all in them, so it should be okay. And Tonka ate all of his dinner for tonight, in like 10 seconds flat. But the stuff says to only give them 6-8 pieces of it, so I didn't give him any more.

The frogs are pissed at me. :sad: But I wanna keep my molly babies, so I can't have them eatting them. Tigger looks like she is going to explode, so she should be having her's sometime soon. :thumbs:

Even if you guys don't care, I'll keep you posted on how everyone is doing. Either in the Livebearers, Betta, or Oddball forums. :D

Thanks for reading!!! :nod:
Tansy

Most reactions

Back