SarahBravo
Fish Herder
I'm used to getting nibbled by the guppies, but I got a real shock this evening! Went to feed Peaches the Midas, and he jumped 3 inches out the water, got all the cichlid sticks and got my finger as well..... I tell people he will feed from my hand, I'm not used to him trying to feed ON my hand! Thank goodness he hasn't got any teeth yet. He didn't draw blood but it sure did hurt! Do you think he was just hungry, or is he starting to show his true addressive colours? Anyone else with midas cichlids - do you get bitten? Should I start to be worried about putting my hands in his tank?
Sorry it was funny, never kept them so don't no, but if he can do that before he's got teeth, i would be wary.
Wow with a mouth that big and I got bit by that big fish I would drop the food in and slam the lid shut so he wouldn't bit me. 








