My Fish Are Eating From My Hands!

Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
2,815
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Hey Everyone!!

I was at my girlfriends house earlier and I watched her feed her three goldfish that she's had since, like before time began!! :lol: Anyway, she had them eating out of her hand. So, when I got home, I thought, what the hell, i'll try it in my community tank!!

Sure enough, my betta, 2 platies and a load of tetra started taking the flakes right out of my hand!! My betta even let me stroke him and he's usually really shy!! My tetra also kept mistaking my fingers for food!! :crazy: Lol!! It was awesome!! I'm really proud!
 
My community fish nibble my hands and wrists when I am doing water changes. Even the small Molly fry. Luckily the Pleco doesn't. :lol:
 
I never guessed that tropicals would do it!


its bad for the fishes scales for them to be touched because our hands have a coat of oil that are bad for the scales on fish

bad idea..

i thought people with over 1000 posts on this forum were smart... i guees not

eh
 
I petted my goldfish for years.....had no problems with them losing their slime coats or scales or anything like that.

You know what stings....tiger barbs....little striped pirahnas they are!
 
I never guessed that tropicals would do it!


its bad for the fishes scales for them to be touched because our hands have a coat of oil that are bad for the scales on fish

bad idea..

i thought people with over 1000 posts on this forum were smart... i guees not

eh


LOL nice reply.


jus wondering tho, at what point when fish are taking food from your hands do you touch there scales?




neway, ive jus recently got my oscar jumping for cat biscuits of all things lol. didnt take him long to get up the courage to jump either.
 
its bad for the fishes scales for them to be touched because our hands have a coat of oil that are bad for the scales on fish

bad idea..

i thought people with over 1000 posts on this forum were smart... i guees not

eh

Now that was uncalled for.

The fish have a protective layer as well and as long as your hands are wet when you touch them they will be absolutely fine, I even move fish from tank to tank in my hands!!
 
I never guessed that tropicals would do it!


its bad for the fishes scales for them to be touched because our hands have a coat of oil that are bad for the scales on fish

bad idea..

i thought people with over 1000 posts on this forum were smart... i guees not

eh


My fish, so I can do what I want... thanks for the advice and all that but post count has nothing to do with knowledge.. Like Aberdeen aquarist says, as long as your hands are wet - it'll be fine.
 
I never guessed that tropicals would do it!


its bad for the fishes scales for them to be touched because our hands have a coat of oil that are bad for the scales on fish

bad idea..

i thought people with over 1000 posts on this forum were smart... i guees not

eh

was a bit harsh, and also was dumb. post counts = knowledge? get out more.
 
I never guessed that tropicals would do it!


its bad for the fishes scales for them to be touched because our hands have a coat of oil that are bad for the scales on fish

bad idea..

i thought people with over 1000 posts on this forum were smart... i guees not

eh

Thats Harsh man. Uncalled for. Hey timmy stood dont reply we dont want to start an argument. Just kind of turn the cheak. lol
 
The only good way to catch a big plec is a well timed one hand grab unless you have somehow trained it to swim into a box - yeah right :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top