My First Tank!

ston3

New Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Houston, TX
Hello,

I just started my first tank earlier this week. It is a 10g freshwater tank. I know that tiger barbs are a schooling fish, but I am thinking about purchasing only 3-4 of them. I want to add 3 fish of another species (possibly zebra danios.) I have read that they are also fast swimming schooling fish. I also want to get a couple otocinclus and a couple ghost shrimp (I'm hoping they will grow relatively fast.) I was wondering if this is a feasible setup. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
 
in less words answer is NO.
you could have a shoal of neon tetras or guppies,platies(even these like space though)
you could have shrimp easy enough or possibly a couple of ottos with one of options above
you are limited as its only a small tank sorry. :unsure:
 
Tiger barbs need at least 20 gallons and need to be kept in groups of six.
I agree you don't have alot of choice with such a small tank.
I would go for cardinals over neon tetra, alot hardier don't have to worry about ntd.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top