My first steps in creating another green endler hybrid strain.

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, I'm currently keeping myself also busy with creating another endler hybrid strain that is mainly green. At this moment I'm already at a stage that some endler traits are showing more with some black tones. This is my rough version of how it should look like. Will take me a couple of months more to refine it all. Hope the rough version is already to your liking...

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1988.jpg
    IMG_1988.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 19
Looks beautiful. How long does it take to develop a new hybrid strain. I would have thought it would take years not months.

Green is my absolute favorite color, so I have a soft spot for the surprisingly few green fish out there. At some point, I'd love to make a green-themed tank that only has green fish species. Good luck with the breeding project! The rough version is already gorgeous

Looks beautiful. How long does it take to develop a new hybrid strain. I would have thought it would take years not months.
The period to realize a new strain differs and depends on what your goal is. But also knowledge of guppy genetics can affect the duration of that project.
Stan, keep up with your work! You are alway’s my go to, don’t know how you do it, but amazing! The green looks great…..
-Ed-
Thanks, Ed. But that's why knowledge of guppy genetics is so important to enhance certain traits or create a new look.
Green is a nice color for any fish and you don’t see it much .
That's why it's such a nice challenge to try to create such fish.
Good luck with the breeding project! The rough version is already gorgeous
Well, thank you so much...

How do you influence how a strain comes out? If at all? Apart from the obvious of what parents to mix. Can diet or water parameters play a role, or is it just pot luck and keep your fingers crossed?

I really like the banding. You are trying to breed out the white ummm "blob"?

( I know dutch guys- they are straight up and blunt for the most part and won't that that badly :) )

How do you influence how a strain comes out? If at all? Apart from the obvious of what parents to mix. Can diet or water parameters play a role, or is it just pot luck and keep your fingers crossed?
By knowing their genetics. That's the best answer I can give...
I really like the banding. You are trying to breed out the white ummm "blob"?

( I know dutch guys- they are straight up and blunt for the most part and won't that that badly :) )
I'm not sure whether I'll leave the white spot or that I'll try to breed it out of the line. It does give it a certain character to it.

What are their genetics, do you know?
Green moscow, tuxedo endler hybrid, white peaock endler and Asia Blau guppy. And I'm keeping myself busy with this project for a year and a half by now.

They are in camo gear ready to hide in the bush. I like it but what's the white and red mark on the caudal peduncle region?

They are in camo gear ready to hide in the bush. I like it but what's the white and red mark on the caudal peduncle region?
The white red mark comes from the white peacock endler. It's the Japanese flag...!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back