My first planted tank - Fluval Flex 57L

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DeeGeeDee

Reaction score
Hi.

I already posted pictures of my tank on another thread but I thought I should create a journal so I can track and share the progress of the tank.

Below are some photos of the tank fully setup with substrate, hardscape and plants. What I've used are Caribesea Eco-Complete (black), Grey mountain stone and planted with Eleocharis Parvula, Staurogyne Repens & Rotala Rotundfiola.

Currently being cycled using Dr Tims Freshwater products (also started a thread about this as I couldn't find much information on the forum about Dr Tims (http://www.fishforums.net/threads/my-cycle-journal-dr-tims-fluval-flex-57l.444872/).

This is my first tank ever so I'm quite proud of it. Hopefully what follows will be as fun and interesting and not cause too many problems.

I plan to keep male guppies and some shrimp - nothing too demanding!

Attachments

• IMG_4896.JPG
    IMG_4896.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,871
  • IMG_4897.JPG
    IMG_4897.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,137
  • IMG_4901.JPG
    IMG_4901.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,574
  • IMG_4906.JPG
    IMG_4906.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,237
Oh man I LOVE this tank! What a cool design and you decorated it brilliantly!
I can't wait to see it bustling with life!!

Thanks everyone. Super proud of it. Not seeing much growth in the first week so I've ordered some CO2 from a company here in the U.K.

ThruJensEyes - been following your posts for quite a while now so super excited you've commented. Thanks!!

I could have swore I commented here! but ill do it again lol!
Your tank especially as a first tank is really good, I presume you did a huge amount of research as those plant in the back right will look spectacular once they fill out.
All the best
Nate

You did comment, Nate, but it was on another thread. I wanted one in Planted Tank Journals so I re-posted. Thanks again for your comments though. A huge amount of research went into everything about it. I get quite obsessed when I have an idea and I think it's paid off!

Some updated photos from the weekend.

Images 4922 & 4937 are only a day apart but I feel like I can see some growth when comparing them both.

Having a bit of trouble with the cycle at the moment but hoping it sorts out without too many issues.

Attachments

• IMG_4922.JPG
    IMG_4922.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,285
  • IMG_4926.JPG
    IMG_4926.JPG
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 911
  • IMG_4937.JPG
    IMG_4937.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,006
Looking Great!!!
If you have any cycling questions be sure to post under the cycling topic.
I had to ask a million questions when I cycled and these guys really helped me get thru it.
Had it not been for this forum I'd have set my head on fire and put it out in my cycle gone wild tank (although thinking about it now...I'd have been in big trouble as my head would never have fit thru the tiny opening in my fluval edge).

Thanks, Jen. I have a cycle thread going too which I'm posting the questions to. It's finally starting to move though. Saw a drop in ammonia and increases in both nitrites and nitrates last night so hoping to have re-dosed the ammonia by the end of the weekend if it keeps going to plan. Can't wait to get it stocked. Will get some more pictures over the weekend to update.

Thanks, Jen. I have a cycle thread going too which I'm posting the questions to. It's finally starting to move though. Saw a drop in ammonia and increases in both nitrites and nitrates last night so hoping to have re-dosed the ammonia by the end of the weekend if it keeps going to plan. Can't wait to get it stocked. Will get some more pictures over the weekend to update.
Yay! Sounds like you're doing great!
Can't wait to see it stocked!!
btw...I had to check out your tank on Amazon.
Your post got me interested in it. I really like it!

That's quite weird. When I first thought about getting a tank, I was researching the Fluval Egde and found a lot of your posts about how you set yours up etc. Then I saw the Flex and decided that it would be easier for me to maintain. Just a bit strange how you now say you saw mine and were interested! :D

Most reactions

trending

Back