My First Cichlids!! :)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
Well, he finally did it, I got some... Chris convinced me to get some cichlids. We decided I could get 2 Rams for my 10 gallon, so I did! Found a place with a nice selection of cichlids, and they had several types of Rams. Aaaaand I was SO excited to see one of those types was Golden! WHOO! :D I adore Chris' golds, and didn't think I'd be able to find some of my own, so that was awesome. They are babies! Probably 3/4'' or so, but still very pretty. They have a bit of red on their fins, and are starting to show their irridesance. I can't wait till they get bigger and show all their beauteeful colors. :thumbs:

So far they are settling in pretty nicely. My big huge (for a dwarf!) gourami is picking on them, but they're learning to stay out of his way. They're a tad on the picky side for eatin, but I'll gettim eatin flakes eventually. :p I'm too cheap to afford brine shrimp and bloodworms everyday! :lol:

Just thought I'd share with y'all that I finally made it to "the other side"! Now Chris can't accuse me of having just "girly fish". :sly: hehehe.

sweet!!! good luck with the rams, hopefully you can get some pics up!!!

Awwww!!! You are too cute!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Now if only I can convince you to get rid of the rest of them gurly fish........ :shifty: :hyper: KIDDING!!! :D :lol:

They can reach 3", but is unusual for them to do so. I have had mine for 6 months and they are still MAYBE 1.25". I don't mind them staying small though, they are so cute! :D I mean MANLY! :grr:

Most reactions

Back