My First Attempt At Marine (cheap Custom Tank 80ish Litres)

false alarm guys
smile.png

its identical to this
pistol_shrimp1.jpg

99.9% sure its a pistol shrimp now

thanks guys, theres 2 of them aswell
biggrin.png
pretty lucky

will get a goby eventually so hopefully they will pair up

got my first corals and fish
biggrin.png

P1000132.jpg

P1000133.jpg

P1000135.jpg

P1000136.jpg

Nice palys.

You should know about palytoxin http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/palytoxin-the-worlds-second-deadliest-poison-possibly-available-at-your-lfs

Don't frag without gloves and a face shield.

Yeah, really nice colours on your softies.

Agreed be aware of palytoxin. Dangerous stuff but very manageable.

I love those clowns! You will love their personality, im sure.

Check out the Springers Dottyback. Im picking mine up in a couple weeks, and its a gorgeous fish. One of the nice dottybacks too

Also, something I just noticed in your pic, you should point the powerhead at the surface and not at the rock. You will stress your inverts, and it is possible to blow them off and/or wipe the skin off SPS and LPS with a direct blast from a powerhead. Not to mention zoanthidae don't need a ton of flow anyway.

im confused though, whenever i look at other peoples journals they have powerheads pointing at the rock?

thanks for the tip crazyforcorydoras, my lfs has one of those i think

i did read something about palytoxins was worried about handling my corals last night because i forgot to buy some rubber gloves, thanks for the compliments aswell
biggrin.png

cant get my powerhead to face the surface but does this look ok?

P1000166.jpg

P1000163.jpg

P1000164.jpg

ive used some of my aquascape putty to stick the powerhead in the correct position facing the surface

excuse the poor quality

I like it
thumbs-up.gif

The fish do look anxious. They may benefit from a soft coral host like galaxea, toadstool, hammer coral, or xenia.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back