My Females split tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JoAgain

Reaction score
In November i was gifted a female copper colored koi betta! I immediately fell in love with bettas lol so I started a 10gallon for her as I already had one without a fish in it. Then recently my brother moved and gave all his fish away, I took a mostly blue colored koi female betta from him. I split the 10gallon in half with a black colored commercial tank divider and also split the decor.

I'm slowly filling in their halves with living plants and driftwood, So far each have a crypt and one side has Monte Carlo and wood, a small terra cotta pot to hide in. Also ordered some moss which should be here soon for the side who has only the crypt.

I'm growing hornwort in a different tank, I was planning on cutting some and putting it along the back of the tank and letting it float as it grows😊

Will post pictures of the bettas now and then whole tank when I figure out where to attach the moss and add the hornwort this weekend! I'm interested and excited to be able to have a place to post these where I can come back and see the progress of plant growth! 🌿🐠

Attachments

• 20230427_141123.jpg
    20230427_141123.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230427_141209.jpg
    20230427_141209.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 30
20230430_200406.jpg

Day 2 of moss!
I have a water change tomorrow so thought I'd get a picture before it gets all stirred up lol

Still have to add the hornwort for floatingcover and my brother is growing some frogbit that i can take some pieces of in a week or two and that'll put the hornwort back 😊

My filter won't run full capacity again after the water change. I can hear the motor running but hardly any water is coming out of the out flow. So I ordered a new one that arrived this morning. The old filter is still running (trickling really) while the new one is. I'm hoping that it will be enough movement to help the start of a beneficial bacteria colony in the new filter.

I also bought a new light for the 10g since I haven't ever upgraded it from the led that came with the tank which were only white lights

Pictures coming at night! They're in a bright room so glares are bad 😊💕

If you put the old filter media into the new filter that will retain the cycle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back