My Creative Way For Feeding Shrimp

OneOnion

Fishaholic
Reaction score
You won't have to stick your hand in the water n get all wet to take the food out. So... Here's how to do it.

1. Get a barbecue stick
2. Get like a fruit or vegetable that you want to feed your shrimp
3. Stick the fruit/veggie onto the bbq stick
4. put the bbq stick in the water (fruit/veggie side down of course)
5. When they're done eating, just pull the part of the bbq stick that isn't submerged out!

Oh yeah you'll have to find a larger stick for deeper tanks.

I don't know if other people do this already, but I just thought of it. Sorry if it's been done already!

I was going to ask if this would work for ADFs but I remembered they don't eat fruits and vegetables.

I do that when I put prawn or other treats in for my fish.
That way no stray prawn gets left behind to contaminate the tank when the fish are done eating.
I just pull the wooden skewer out and the remains come with it.

I usually stick on in the sand for the bottom feeders and let one float for the top feeders.

I use some fishing line weighed down with a terracotta pot to put some cucumber or courgette in for my shrimp at ottos.

Bonus of doing it this way, is that the line is hooked to a platform outside the tank, and no food or fishing line makes contact with an surface within the tank and is isolated in the water, meaning to planaria, or snails for that matter can reach the food, which is helping to keep levels of both low :)

I use lead weight with plastic sealed wire tie (like you get on new electronics cables) on it, easily pierces any veg or meat and I can sew it through to keep it stable can also put the food at any height just by wrapping together more ties leaks a bit of iron in the water most likely but no negative effects visible so far.

Most reactions

Back