My Chinese Algae Eaters

MarkByrom

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Have recently grown to around 30 centimeters.

They are massive and have grown since they have been in 27 degree water.

the female has started to go crazy and lashes out at everything in the tank, and has done so for about 2 weeks now.

I have just had a look around the back of the tank because thats where she like's to hide (Under the sand funilly enough, is this normal?)
And yes we have fry, but she is gaurding them instead of eating them, Algae eaters anyone i have no room for them.
 
although sexing is relativly easy when the female is 'in season' (for want of a better expression)
I very much doubt you have bred them. according to PFK they are not know to have been bred in home aquaria.
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...?article_id=273

if you have, kudos to you and I suggest that you contact pfk who, i'm sure, would do a feature article on them and you
 
Thats cool,

I will give them a shout tomorrow.

Many thanks
 
Funnily enough, I had a customer in today adament that their algae eaters had bred,

Your not from Shropshire by any chance?
 
ahh cool! i've never seen a 30cm long CAE... nor have i seen fry! lol
got any photos?

i love it when a species is bred in aquaria that is not known to do so :shifty: my old weather loaches for example :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top