My Black Moor

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

considering the fact that most people put these fish in bowls with no filter id say moreece is a lucky little black moor :good:

Fisrt off, that doesn't look ten gallons, second off that is still too small for a goldfish...
Black moors arn't the coomon goldfish which will grow up to around 15 inches.IMO 10 gals is fine for a Black moor, and to me the tank looks 10gallons, and the OP said it was.So what's the point of saying it's smaller.Anyway as cane said much get much worse anyway!

10 gallons is fine for one fish for around 6 months then will need 20 gallons and a better filter too. Its nice to see you start him off in a 10 gallon, most people wouldnt :good:

But please dont put another in the tank unless you plan to upgrade to a 30 in 6 months

simbob this isn't the first time you have gone in on a thread and gave some bad information just to stir things up. Leave the forum, you don't know anything about fish keeping, and its obvious you are not here to learn.

Hi everyone ,
I got more fish last night. I got neon tetras there heaps cool.so heres a picture of them . All there names are onra.

100_3867.jpg

Moreece and onra rule~!~

10 gallons is fine for one fish for around 6 months then will need 20 gallons and a better filter too. Its nice to see you start him off in a 10 gallon, most people wouldnt :good:

But please dont put another in the tank unless you plan to upgrade to a 30 in 6 months
Theres your answer simbob.

Drew

Yep, i'm sorry but you are doing everything wrong... it's okay though, because thats what happens to beginners! Neons shouldn't be mixed with goldfish, they need two different types of water!

Hey I dont often contribute to the forum. I use to keep goldfish at my house for my mom till I left for college and she neglected the tank. However, you really shouldn't keep neon's and goldfish together. Neons are tropical loving fish and like water 75 degrees or higher, goldfish can tolerate 75 degree water, but it would be better if it was around 68 or 70. However, I would say one goldfish is okay in your tank. However, goldfish are very dirty, so I would change the filter at least every 3 weeks and do weekly water changes and Bimonthly cleaning. I had 4 fancy goldfish in a 30 gallon tank. Indeed it was overstocked, but I changed the filter often, had it aerated, my weekly cleaning I always used the siphon, and did bimonthly cleaning. They did fine till I left for college and the died about a year later :(

Basically, if your willing to take extra care of him then great, but if you find it too hard, then upgrade and he will be just fine and happier too! Also take the neon's back.

Hey I dont often contribute to the forum. I use to keep goldfish at my house for my mom till I left for college and she neglected the tank. However, you really shouldn't keep neon's and goldfish together. Neons are tropical loving fish and like water 75 degrees or higher, goldfish can tolerate 75 degree water, but it would be better if it was around 68 or 70. However, I would say one goldfish is okay in your tank. However, goldfish are very dirty, so I would change the filter at least every 3 weeks and do weekly water changes and Bimonthly cleaning. I had 4 fancy goldfish in a 30 gallon tank. Indeed it was overstocked, but I changed the filter often, had it aerated, my weekly cleaning I always used the siphon, and did bimonthly cleaning. They did fine till I left for college and the died about a year later :(

Basically, if your willing to take extra care of him then great, but if you find it too hard, then upgrade and he will be just fine and happier too! Also take the neon's back.

Only things is, he still may not reach his full potential in size, thus stunting him and making him un-happy (Black Moors can still reach 5-6 inches).

And changing the filter every three weeks is unnecessary and at worst it will put your tank through a cycle as that is where all the nitryfying bacteria are. Frequent water changes would have been much, much better.

Drew

The filter is a good place for bacteria to grow, but it seems more beneficial for filtering the water not growing clonies of bacteria. The gravel is more beneficial, and if you have a dirty filter not cleaning the water there is no point in leaving it there. Stress zyme helps aid in the growth of the bacteria. A new filter allows for the bacteria left the the filter a place to grow, and they tend to grow exponentially. And my fish always were swimming around and were very happy till I was unable to change the filter and do the water changes. They also seemed to grow quite large when I was there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back