• Thread starter RoadIsland Red Mom!
  • Start date

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

R

RoadIsland Red Mom!

Hello all,

I have two male betta. One a beautiful dark indigo blue (he's Alpha) and the other is just as beautiful scarlet red (he's RoadIsland Red). I keep them at work on my desk. In separate corners of course :D . Anyway, I came into work this morning and I noticed that it looked like bits of Red was floating in the tank. He greeted me normally with his waging tail ready for food. He ate normally, but upon closer inspection I noticed that one of his tails has become shreaded with a little fleshy white at the end. He's a split tail by the way.

I really love my fishies and am concerned for Red's health :/ . Any suggestions or treatments you can provide would be extreamly most appreciated.

Red's Mom.

Welcome to the forum RoadIsland Red Mom...hope you enjoy it as much as I do :D ...there are some great folks here that I'm sure will be able to help with any questions you may have. :nod:

...it sounds to me like you may have a case of "Finrot" ...if this is the case try medicating with Maracyn-two, it is a non-toxic Broad spectrum antibiotic that is available at most pet stores. .
I don't have any personal experience with finrot, but if you post this in the fish emergency section I'm sure someone can steer you in the right direction.

Don.

I agree with puffer from the research I've done it sounds like the beginnig of finrot :sad: Maracyn-two would be the best treatment IMO. oh yeah, welcome to the forum. there are great people her to help you.

:D :D Hallo fellow Betta lover! Give the Meds a go... register with the site, It's FREE and come into emergency room, lots of people there interested in your progress and willing to help!

:thumbs:

Most reactions

Back