My betta is in the big tank with other fish

samctex

Reaction score
I have a betta that I have had for about one year. I took him out of a fish bowl he was in and put him in my ten gallon tank that also has 5 danios and 2 tetras. He seems to love it. He is hiding in the rocks and wood on the bottom. When I put fish food in for everyone, the danios and the tetras go nutty to see who can eat the most. The betta has not made any advances for the food. I'm concerned that he won't eat now cause he doesn't seem as aggressive as the danios when its feeding time. What should I do? Will he come up when he is hungry or will he starve?

When my oldest male lived in a community tank it was really difficult to feed him. I had to come up with little hand signals so that he would come over to the corner while nobody was looking and feed. It worked though. You'll figure it out. If he gets really hungry he'll go into the big mix and snag something I'm sure ;)

Just move the feeding spot to one side of the tank. Then when the horde is busy chomping down, you can feed the betta from the other side of the tank.

Between Wuv and Dix....I don't know who kills me more??? :lol: :kira: :lol:
Signed,
Sondan

I use the same trick. Most of my fish eat from the bottom 12" of the tank while my betta has the entire upper 12" to himself. I feed all the other occupants and then while they eat i sneak him a little bit when everyone else isn't looking

wuvmybetta said:
When my oldest male lived in a community tank it was really difficult to feed him. I had to come up with little hand signals so that he would come over to the corner while nobody was looking and feed. It worked though. You'll figure it out. If he gets really hungry he'll go into the big mix and snag something I'm sure ;)
I guess must be also about the character of the Betta as well because mine is quite aggressive in getting his fair share of food

Most reactions

Back