My Ball Pythons

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dominus_XVIII

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Don't think I've ever posted my BPs here before, so here's some old pics. I'll try to get some updated pics when I can, my male pastel yellowbelly has put on some size since these pics were taken. His coloration has gotten brighter instead of darker/duller like most pastels, which is a possible trait/marker that he's proven for the het.hypo.

October 17th 2013 - My 2013 male pastel yellow belly 50% het hypo. Guy hatched on July 23rd. Bought him from an awesome local breeder
smile.gif
Really love the patterns on this guy, his father was a pastel yellow belly hypo and the mom was a cinnamon.

ArMrf7o.jpg

nUmqsxV.jpg

Right side of snake

B1VSCBr.jpg

Left side of snake

CC5n2PN.jpg

October 27th 2013 - Gave him a bath and wipe down, before putting him back into his tank.
Here he is, after shed. The flames on this guy are really sick.

DOr2LAL.jpg

tsfkGvw.jpg

bki6Hk1.jpg

iksnMzr.jpg

fqHpV3J.jpg

33vHmGR.jpg

November 21st 2013 - Male pastel yellowbelly het hypo shedded out 2 days ago, got some updated pics. His orange/red flames are staring to flare out into yellow, he's going to look smoking, once he grows out
smile.gif

xg9I76i.jpg

zmn8DjU.jpg

FKAMb5X.jpg

MVZv1VB.jpg

I'll try to get some pics of him from this year, as well as some pics of my 2014 female vanilla ball python.

enter that gem in POTM contest

How do you give a snake a bath? :eek:

Gorgeous patterning, by the way!

Munroco said:
Beautiful. Do they enjoy getting a bath?

Thanks! In general, no they don't lol.
Snakes will soak themselves if they feel too hot, their skin is too dry or the have an itch (which could be due to possible mites, which could be the worst of the 3 reason I listed, if you have more than one snake).
I had to give him a bath because he deficated and then decided to slither through it, spreading it on the walls of his enclosure. Second dirtiest job he gave me...

LyraGuppi said:
How do you give a snake a bath?
ohmy.png

Gorgeous patterning, by the way!

I just fill a soaking tub for him, I don't actually give him a bath
wink.png

Most of the time he tries to slither out as fast as he can, but sometimes he curls up ever so slightly so he floats in one spot, taking sips of water from time to time.

Yeah, absolutely love his pattern! The yellowbelly gene definitely made a nice contribution to this guy. Hopefully his crazy patterning will carry on down the line. I'll eventually breed him to my female vanilla, once she matures. From their clutch, hopefully I get a pastel vanilla yellowbelly, which I will breed to a firefly yellowbelly (pastel x fire x yellowbelly) to produce a vanilla scream yellowbelly:

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/vanilla-scream-yellow-belly/

It'll take a while before I produce the vanilla scream yellowbelly, but it will be totally worth it! Unless I just take a shortcut and find a breeder who is selling a mature female vanilla cream yellowbelly (fire x vanilla x yellowbelly), which not only will produce the vanilla scream yellowbelly, but it will possibly produce some ivories (super yellowbellies/ yellowbelly x yellowbelly).

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/ivory/

The endless number of ball python combos out there is mindblowling! Here's a link if you have sometime time, you'll be amazed by what's out there in the hobby:

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/

Very nice and its good to see them being called Ball pythons again!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back