My 2Ft Marine Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

robert1988

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
hey everyone finally got my 2ft marine tank up and running
theres about 6 kg of live rock and coral sand and hang on the back skimmer and hang on canister filter il let it run for a few weeks before I put fish in

Nice tank ! What kind of fish are you planning to put in ?

putting 2 clownfish and 2 royal dotty back and a few shrimp

Are you testing the water for the sudden cycle you'll get after around 1 week as the bacteria on the live rock dies off and causes a cycle?

I would not put any type of marine fish in there during that cycle as there very easily killed by it.

na not putting anything in till the water is right just checked the water and I got nitrate is 10 nitrite is 5 ammonia is .25 ph is 8 is that right so im guessing that's cycling at the moment

the tank finished cycling so got 2 clown fish blue spotted puffer fish and a blue damsel

well both clowns and the puffer and the damsel died had an out breake of white spot so re started the tank using live sand and natural sea water and once everything was right ive put 2 white and orange oc clowns and one black and white oc clown and 3 naz snails

bit of an up date I changed the tank to a 2x18x18 and theres 2 orange oc clowns one black oc clown one bi colour blenny one 6 line wrasse and a unicorn tang and a blue /green chromis  and 4 snails and a haliofungi coral and the new stand I made for it and  the new wave maker a jebao wp10 with controller

Sorry to be negative but you should probably look at getting the tang rehomed, the tank is way to small for it. The tang will grow to around the size of the tank at 24". Although it may seem happy in there for now it wont be happy for long in such a small tank.

Brilly91 said:
Sorry to be negative but you should probably look at getting the tang rehomed, the tank is way to small for it. The tang will grow to around the size of the tank at 24". Although it may seem happy in there for now it wont be happy for long in such a small tank.
+1 Tangs are also hyperactive and dont stop moving, and are best in a 4ft minimum tank.

once my 4ft has finished cycling the tang will be going in there

robert1988 said:

Even a four foot wont be big enough for this tang long term, these tangs are recommended in over a 300 gallon tank so something around 10ft is more suited to them. They are the bigger of the tang species aswell.

The only tang id house in a four foot long term is a yellow tang and even then im not keen but thats more personal preference.

Brilly91 said:

Even a four foot wont be big enough for this tang long term, these tangs are recommended in over a 300 gallon tank so something around 10ft is more suited to them. They are the bigger of the tang species aswell.

The only tang id house in a four foot long term is a yellow tang and even then im not keen but thats more personal preference.

O gosh you are right sorry about the wrong info man :/ it was yellow tangs i was thinking of, shoulda realized theres other species of tangs with different requirements, sorry again. I would suggest rehoming this guy and wait until you have the 4ft set up for your yellow tang. From what i understand these tangs get 2' long, so having it in a tank where it grows to half he size of it is very inhumane. 

thanks I have moved the tang on the person that has him is now in a 5x2x2 and also added a small hammer coral

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back