My 29 Gallon...

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
4,815
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Location
US
Hey guys!
Here are a couple pics of my 29 gallon...I just added fish this morning.

LOL...you can see my reflection in this one.
Light on http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj127/g...nt=101_4161.jpg

Light off http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj127/g...nt=101_4160.jpg

I dont know how to add pictures directly to this thread...so if someone could help me out that would be great! I use,
and put the link to the picture from photobucket in between...but it still wont work. :angry: oh well.

I just threw whatever decor I had in at the moment. I will be soon getting live plants and bogwood soon to create a natural environment.

The lighting that came with the tank is only a 20w florescent...could I get a bigger one at all? I mean that's not even 2WPG, which I will need for plants right?

Thanks for viewing...and looking forward to replies!
-FHM
 
Here are a couple pics of my 29 gallon...I just added fish this morning.

LOL...you can see my reflection in this one.
Light on [topic="100"][URL="http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj127/g...nt=101_4161.jpg"]http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj127/g...nt=101_4161.jpg[/topic][/URL]

Light off [topic="100"][URL="http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj127/g...nt=101_4160.jpg"]http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj127/g...nt=101_4160.jpg[/topic][/URL]

I dont know how to add pictures directly to this thread...so if someone could help me out that would be great! I use,
and put the link to the picture from photobucket in between...but it still wont work. :angry: oh well.

I just threw whatever decor I had in at the moment. I will be soon getting live plants and bogwood soon to create a natural environment.

The lighting that came with the tank is only a 20w florescent...could I get a bigger one at all? I mean that's not even 2WPG, which I will need for plants right?

Thanks for viewing...and looking forward to replies!
-FHM
if you want to grow every plant imaginable then yes 2wpg should be fine, all though what you have would be sufficient for all low light plants such as

anubias
vallis
crypts
hygro
echinodorus
ferns
mosses etc
 
Okay..thanks for the reply!

I think I am going to get a little bigger light right now, just because the tank seems a little too dark for my liking.

-FHM
 
Okay..thanks for the reply!

I think I am going to get a little bigger light right now, just because the tank seems a little too dark for my liking.

-FHM
remember if you go to 2WPG you will need to inject CO2

That's right...well I will not go quite that big then.

Any ideas why I could not post the pictures right up on this thread?

Thanks again
-FHM
 
I fixed the URL link...so it should work now.

sorry about that.

-FHM
 
When you scroll your mouse over a picture little box of codes appear, click the IMG one and copy it.

I ran my mouse over the picture...and nothing happened? Weird :blink:

-FHM

When you scroll your mouse over a picture little box of codes appear, click the IMG one and copy it.

I ran my mouse over the picture...and nothing happened? Weird :blink:

-FHM

I figured it out...thanks!

Before I was moving my mouse over the picture when it was really big after I already clicked on it.

I guess you have to get that code before you click on it.

Thanks again for your help!
-FHM
 
Nice I like the gravel and pots :) I personally wouldn't have that ship, and go with the natural look. Some wood would look good in their :D

Yeah, I am going to be getting some Bogwood, when I can find a FS that sells some. And some nice live plants as well.

I just threw what ever I had in there for now, just to give the Cichlids a place to take cover when necessary!

I am glad you like it! My favorite part of the tank is the gravel for sure! And I love the AquaClear filter!

Thanks
-FHM
 
Centre ornament? You planning on one?

Also, I love the poster, in the background on the first picture of the tank.
;);)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top