My 22nd betta, Sam

He just got his first 100% water change.
I had him in a 1/3 cup measuring cup while i was cleaning his bowl.
He didn't move. If only they all would be so still during water changes. heh

He did swim around a tad bit when I lowered his measuring cup into his new water and let him decide when he wanted to come out. And he had 1 pellet and some bloodworms today :)

Wow... he looks much better than pic #1. What a sweet little face he has. :wub: I have a feeling he is going to make it. :flex: Just the fact that you've got him eating regularly is a good sign. :)

He is a very sweet little guy.
Whenever I walk up to his bowl and look in, he kinda lifts his head up and faces toward me. Not sure if that is because he thinks i'm gonna feed him or he wants to look at me.

I think he's going to come around.
I never thought Jasper would come around way back then either but....

:thumbs:

Well...
I just went in to talk to Sammy for a while again and I found him floating on his side. He seemed the same as always earlier this afternoon when I was in there setting up all my new tanks. How depressing. He hung on for 11 days. The poor little guy was a great fish trapped in a little body that didn't work. I guess he just gave up.

Thanks once again to WalMart for giving me the chance to watch a fish die a horrible, slow, painful death.

Oh bettamomma. *hugs* he died a loved fish. He just couldn't hold on any longer, and his little fishy soul is at peace. You did all you could, and more.

Bettamom you did all you could of done. At least he was with someone (you) who loved him in his final days :sad: :rip: little sammy :-(

Most reactions

Back