🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
ok, I need something new to offer my L200's :wub:

They live on bloodworms and need some selection, so when you guys say mussels,what do you mean? Clams? Scallops?
Do you cook them or serve them raw? :S

Are they not called mussels in the US then? I buy mine ready prepared from the lfs freezer, they are cheaper that way and i dont have to fiddle about cooking them and removing them from their shells. For plecs and large fish feed them whole and for small fish they can be chopped to suit the fishes size. A word of caution, mussels are very high in protein so you must make sure that every bit is either eaten or removed from the tank before lights out, nothing pollutes a system faster than a rotting mussel.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them, I guess they ARE called that here I've just never "had" them :sick: :lol:

I always assumed everybody just meant clams but my husband said a mussel looks like an oyster ,I always thought a "mussel" was anything that came from a shell :lol: :*)

wuvmybetta said:
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them, I guess they ARE called that here I've just never "had" them :sick: :lol:

I always assumed everybody just meant clams but my husband said a mussel looks like an oyster ,I always thought a "mussel" was anything that came from a shell :lol: :*)
Muscles grow around the North Sea mainly, I believe, which might explain why you don't get them often in the US. Look for the shellfish native and common to your part of the world.

Most reactions

Back