Murdock is dying :-(

noclueman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Murdock, my pictus catfish is not doing too well :(

He has ich, so got some meds for him. I asked the lady at the pet store if the meds were ok for catfish ... she said it's not that good for them, but if I didn't do something about it he would suredly die.

So I came home, did a water change, then added the meds...within about 10 minutes he was doing way worse than before. He started opening and closing his mouth fast (like he's gasping for air kind of), and he got very week. The current could push him around. Last night he was doing pretty bad, but he was still swimming strong and he ate fine. Today he wont eat at all, blood worms right in front of his face and he ignores them.

I thought the meds were making it worse, so I moved him to a 10 gallon tank I have as a backup (just a few guppies in there right now).

I don't think there's anything I can do now but watch him die :angry: :(

If I'm wrong, please give me suggestions.
Thank you,
noclueman

How long have you had him? ;)

What are your water test results? :blink:

Is there anyone else with ick in original tank? :blink:

Moving him may have been a bad idea, now you have introduce ick in the 2nd tank :blink: :blink:

I have done water tests before and ever every water change for the last 3 days and everything is in the 'safe' zone.

Yes, some of the other fish cought the disease in the other tank, I will continue to med that tank for 3 days or so (however long my meds last). They are all still doing ok though, nothing serious. I think he was the worst (by far) because he has no scales.

Oh, I forgot to say, I've had him for about 4 months or so I guess.

Most reactions

Back