Mulberries..... Assemble

OMG_FL1

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 18, 2023
Messages
137
Reaction score
203
Points
43
Location
Sri lanka
PXL_20250714_053800623.webp

Just a mulberry leaf assembly lol
 
Bruh, I've got these mulberry leaf pellets for shrimps and mine HATE them. Even my loaches won't touch them, not even the random ramshorns...

It's these ones:

IMG_7906.webp


What the hell is in these pellets that my shrimp avoid them like fire??!! :blink:
 
At first my shrimps didn't touched it either
Btw I'm using ones that I dried myself but that shouldn't make a difference since those are 100% mulberry leaves according to the package
After a day or two they started nibbling at it and now they go crazy for it
I think it's because they need to start decomposing for the shrimp to eat and now I put it in water few days before giving them
Leave one of your pellets in the tank for a few days that should help
 
Bruh, I've got these mulberry leaf pellets for shrimps and mine HATE them. Even my loaches won't touch them, not even the random ramshorns...

It's these ones:

View attachment 369952

What the hell is in these pellets that my shrimp avoid them like fire??!! :blink:

Strange that they made pellets from mulberry leaves... Shrimp certainly won't eat that.

They eat the biofilm that grows on them, but not the leaf itself, same for snails etc...

That sounds to me like a product created by someone who had absolutely no idea what he's doing.

I'm starting to have mixed feelings with glasgarten... Their shrimp dinner 2 and bacter AE are really good... But some of their other stuff... I'm not sure. One is called shrimp fit and I used it 2 times and shrimps died instantly both times. Then I found other peoples who had the same experience on the web with this product. So I trashed it.

But The question remains "What the hell is in these product ?"
 
Strange that they made pellets from mulberry leaves... Shrimp certainly won't eat that.

They eat the biofilm that grows on them, but not the leaf itself, same for snails etc...

That sounds to me like a product created by someone who had absolutely no idea what he's doing.

I'm starting to have mixed feelings with glasgarten... Their shrimp dinner 2 and bacter AE are really good... But some of their other stuff... I'm not sure. One is called shrimp fit and I used it 2 times and shrimps died instantly both times. Then I found other peoples who had the same experience on the web with this product. So I trashed it.

But The question remains "What the hell is in these product ?"

Even though I've read that they only eat the biofilm
I don't completely agree with that because of my experience with it
They certainly do eat the leaf itself after it's really soft and half decomposed
After only few hours of me taking the photo that leaf was gone
They rip tiny pieces of the leaf and eat I've seen that myself
But I don't know anything about those pellets though cuz I never used them
I use the same pellets for my shrimps and fish
(Ultra fresh shrimp delight tropical micro pellets)
 
Strange that they made pellets from mulberry leaves... Shrimp certainly won't eat that.

They eat the biofilm that grows on them, but not the leaf itself, same for snails etc...

That sounds to me like a product created by someone who had absolutely no idea what he's doing.

I'm starting to have mixed feelings with glasgarten... Their shrimp dinner 2 and bacter AE are really good... But some of their other stuff... I'm not sure. One is called shrimp fit and I used it 2 times and shrimps died instantly both times. Then I found other peoples who had the same experience on the web with this product. So I trashed it.

But The question remains "What the hell is in these product ?"
I've seen them rip the leaves and eat them, a little bit before completely leaving them. Gone overnight, but shrimps really don't seem to like that stuff...

Shrimp Fit seems to have caused fits.... Sorry dark joke... But that is extremly concerning, no food should make shrimps die. Unless they overdosed it with copper? But this theory seems unlikely, but at least I know what to avoid
 
I'm convinced it was a bad batch... But enough to never try again.

Of course the shrimps will eat the leaves but not if they have not started to decompose and soften enough.

A little why I wonder whats the point of doing pellets from the leaves, it prevents biofilm to grow compared to larger surfaces.

:dunno:
 
I'm convinced it was a bad batch... But enough to never try again.

Of course the shrimps will eat the leaves but not if they have not started to decompose and soften enough.

A little why I wonder whats the point of doing pellets from the leaves, it prevents biofilm to grow compared to larger surfaces.

:dunno:
It could be a bad batch, but fair enough, there's reasonable suspicion it could have been the food causing deaths.

Yeah true. I only got these pellets as I wanted to try and see if my shrimps will like them. I guess not very much.

If I have to try leaves, I'd try some oak/maple leaf litter boiled (don't want tannins) and thrown into the tank. I think my loaches would thank for leaves.
 
I use oak leaves and if you don't want to wait 6 months until they become edible, boil them a while. They resist underwater for a long time... I have Red Oak and the leaves can last more than a year if I don't boil them. Maple leaves are on the opposite in my area they decompose too fast and creates a mess in the tanks. I also use cholla wood and catappa leaves too.

From time to time I give them blood worms, it's more for the show time than nutritional need, But it's a lot fun to watch them, it creates a whole bunch of shrimps playing tug-of-war all over the place, loll.
 
I use oak leaves and if you don't want to wait 6 months until they become edible, boil them a while. They resist underwater for a long time... I have Red Oak and the leaves can last more than a year if I don't boil them. Maple leaves are on the opposite in my area they decompose too fast and creates a mess in the tanks. I also use cholla wood and catappa leaves too.

From time to time I give them blood worms, it's more for the show time than nutritional need, But it's a lot fun to watch them, it creates a whole bunch of shrimps playing tug-of-war all over the place, loll.
Thank you for the tip! Will get oak leaves then :)

Lol I love when shrimps fight over food.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top