MTS Warning!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ram419

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Consider yourself warned because it's a real thing! Just thought those that didn't know should know.

20230923_173431.jpg

There is still space to fill, in between the two tanks at the front. One more tank is required :)

That's where I usually eat or put things like the test kit and vials when I'm doing the water testing or a flat plastic pan for cleaning the tanks.

Only four? I'd say it's a mild case.

That's the only four you can see in the pic. Actually, you can see a 5th one in the pic just not too much of it. The top of it where the light is, under the big tank. There's another one to the right of that one. Then there's a another small 3 gallon behind the big tank too. Here's a pic with the ones under the big tank. And then the 3 gallon one.

20230923_185954.jpg

20230923_190025.jpg

That's where I usually eat or put things like the test kit and vials when I'm doing the water testing or a flat plastic pan for cleaning the tanks.
You can do all that in front of that little cube tank. You know full well you can still get a tank in that middle bit :D But seriously, an interesting thing for you. In over 10 years in the hobby (total), it's only in the last month (literally) that it's appealed to me to have an angel fish set up! I saw what they called "Panda Angels" a group of them, probably quite young as quite small. I fell in love!

Yeah, my 55 gallon has 2 angels. It's a community tank so has several other types of fish in there. I think they are both males so no real aggression towards the other fish.

I was going to comment on how pathetic it was because you didn't even have double, let alone triple tier stands. But then you show a picture of a double tier stand for your illness is acceptable. It's not an advanced case, but it could escalate into full blown MTS.

So is it good or bad, so i can copy if it's good?
I see bamboo there so i think it's good......
MTS is good for us, but can be hard work on our finances, our relationships and even our own Self care. The cravings and obsessions with MTS are easily managed by simply getting one more tank.

MTS is good for us, but can be hard work on our finances, our relationships and even our own Self care. The cravings and obsessions with MTS are easily managed by simply getting one more tank.
just one more tank. honest it will be the last one.
just one more :)

Magnificent Thinking Syndrome, or MTS, involves purchasing, making or borrowing many aquariums. It's cheaper than getting into cars, drugs, booze, overeating or boats. Like tattoo collecting, you can run out of space, but unlike tattoo collecting, you can move on, or keep your interests to yourself so your friends at work don't laugh at you behind your back.

Consider yourself warned because it's a real thing! Just thought those that didn't know should know.

View attachment 327679
To us, 5 tanks... that's just a start... But once hooked on MTS, there's no cure... Be warned!
I love open tanks!
And yes, there's still more space left on the table. You can always put your plate of food on your lap.

To us, 5 tanks... that's just a start... But once hooked on MTS, there's no cure... Be warned!
I love open tanks!
And yes, there's still more space left on the table. You can always put your plate of food on your lap.
Well, it's seven tanks albiet some are smaller. I have a 40 gallon pond in the backyard too so there's that. The pond is where I started actually.

Most reactions

Back