Moving Sand Problem.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Luketendo

BLENNY :O
Reaction score
Ok well in my new tank, in the two of the corners the sand keeps constantly wearing away. The only guess of to why this is happening is because of the current, but my tank is 2ft tall!

This is annoying because it uncovers the gravel I put in there and shouldn't have, but I thought it'd create a barrier between the plant substrate and sand.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it?

Try placing a rock or piece of driftwood by the corners. Maybe that will keep the current from washing away the sand.

Try placing a rock or piece of driftwood by the corners. Maybe that will keep the current from washing away the sand.

Yeah I thought of that, one corner of at the back, so that'd be good.

But one is in the front left, it'd look a bit weird if I stick something right against the glass...right?

Is there any way to redirect your filter output?

Yes, but wouldn't this cause problems in other corners?

I suppose I could try this out.

I'll draw a picture.

juweldrawinup9.png

Get yourself a smooth round rock to place in the front corner, having something up against the front glass won't look bad. As a matter of fact, it just might make your tank look more natural ;)

having something up against the front glass of the tank doesnt make it look odd, Ive got a ceramic pot placed up against the front of mine which has a 2 inch diameter hole for the fish to enter and exit the pot and a inch diameter opening for me to see into through the glass, its currently inhabited by my kribs as they have claimed it as their own little cave, its mazing to see what they get up to in there when they think nothing else is watching them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back