Moving, Need Some Help

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So by the end of this week I will be moving and I need some help with moving my tanks. My first one I will do is my 5 gallon with my puffer and ADF. I plan to empty the tank to about 25% and just have my girlfriend hold it on the way to her house (about 5 min drive). My problem is what would be the ideal way to carry my puffer? I am thinking in a small container with tank water and a lid? I plan to have a 30 gallon set up before I move and will bring the deor/plants/fish/media in 2 batches with fish being last. I will have the tank running with no media besides a Bio Wheel first and then start adding as it goes.

Also would a 5 Gallon Bucket carry the stock of my 10 gallon for half an hour?
 
Should be fine. I've moved 450 miles with my 10 gal stock in a 3/4 full 5 gal bucket with a lid (had some holes drilled in it). It was probably a 9-10 hour trip in the bucket for them.

I've also had a 75 gal stock in 3 buckets for a couple hours during an across town move.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top