Moving My Tank. Help And Advice Needed....

Richard22b

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
219
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol
Anyone got any good advise about moving my tank.

I need to move it from a lounge into the kitchen. :crazy:

The tank is 525 litres and full of fish, sand, wood etc. :shout:


I have a large water butt that holds 200 litres but I could really do with some advise on the best course of action to make this move. :blush:
 
I would suggest

Fill water butt

Fill some smaller containers (polyboxes if you have them, otherwise storage container, bucket etc) with water, net out fish and put in them. If you've got airpumps, may as well stick an airstone in too.

Empty the rest of the water in the tank into the garden, or wherever.

Take out all decoration and put somewhere out of the way.

Move the empty tank however is easiest for you.

Refill from the water butt.

Put the decor back in, reattatch filters and heaters.

Add the contents of the fish boxes, water and all.

Fill the rest of the tank up as if you'd done a large water change.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top